Corsair Community

Corsair K70 onboard profiles not working for me

glastolover

Hi there. Just got a K70. First proper keyboard!

I have it plugged into a KVM and then to my desktop PC and my work laptop.

On my desktop PC, have installed iCUE s/w, and all works OK. Have setup about 6 profiles, can switch between them, edit them, all good.

When I switch to my laptop, at first, it was reverting to the default profiles.

I have then updated the onboard profiles to different ones using iCUE on my desktop, and now when I switch to my laptop, it has the spiral rainbow in one slot, and the other 2 are completely blank (no key lights at all).

I tried clearing the onboard profiles and reloading the profiles I want. It looks like it has worked, and I get the 1/2/3 in the little icon next to the profile. And all the profiles work fine on my desktop. But when I switch to my laptop, again, it just has spiral rainbow and 2 blank unlit profiles.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't install iCUE on my work laptop, but I think I should be able to put 3 profiles of my choice in the onboard profile slots and they should then work on that, right?

Thanks in advance!

Just to add - noticed this morning that keyboard has same behaviour as when switched to laptop on my desktop when Windows is starting - only has rainbow spiral profile, the other two profiles it will cycle between are blank. Once Windows has started and iCUE is loaded, all the expected profiles kick in.

I think this shows that it is definitely the onboard profiles that are not as I want them. But the iCUE software is showing the 3 profiles I want in the onboard profile slots, and I have tried clearing and reloading them as I said.

Would really appreciate if anyone has any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks again!

• Corsair Employees

We do not support or guarantee software functionality with our mouse and keyboard devices when utilizing a KVM switch. They are known to cause issues with device detection, or prevent features working correctly, and as such use of a KVM is at your own risk.

As for what you are describing it sounds like you are only saving and creating software profiles. But without screenshots showing what you are attempting to create and save along without known the exact keyboard you have there isn't much help that we can provide in regards to saving onboard profiles because there are versions of the K70 that didn't allow for onboard profiles.

Thanks for the reply. I realise that it could be the KVM, but I don't think it is. It is working perfectly on my desktop through it. Would appreciate any help trying to diagnose if it is a different issue - I might well be doing something stupid!

First attached pic shows my onboard profiles in iCUE.

Second attached pic shows my profile setup, the 3 circled have the icon with 1, 2, 3 in them, which I thought meant they were in the device onboard profiles.

The keyboard is showing up as K70 RGB Mk.2 in iCUE.

Does this information help you comment any further or can I provide any other info to help?

Thanks a lot!

Capture.JPG.778e51d21d1490250cd0a83f6a8beb44.JPG

Capture2.JPG.0f5ce8dd22a994d429d10b6c8f7e3dc6.JPG

Also, the fact that the keyboard definitely does the exact same thing on my desktop before I have logged into Windows as it does all the time on my laptop I think shows that it is running from my onboard profiles in both cases. On my desktop, as soon as Windows is started and iCUE is running, it accesses all the profiles.

I think if I can get the onboard profiles to work, it should work fine on my laptop.

Can anyone tell me if the screenshot showing my profiles with the icons and my onboard profiles in iCUE are correct for having those 3 profiles in the onboard slots or not?

Both of those indicate those profiles are saved to your HW slots on the KB. You can verify they work by connecting the KB directly to a USB port on either the laptop or desktop, then quit CUE. You are now in "hardware mode" and the profile button on the KB should cycle between the three. If #2 and #3 still don't show, then there is some kind of save error.

If true, try clearing the save slots and re-save. If that does not work, the KB may need a soft/hard reset. https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

If the profiles do work as expected when directly connected, then are probably looking at the KVM issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them, and it is definitely not the KVM. I can't get it to behave as it should while plugged direct into desktop. Have tried ESC factory resetting the keyboard and even uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE (I had the v3.x, have gone up to v4.x).

The behaviour is very strange. When iCUE is running, the profiles all work fine. When I quit iCUE, the keyboard reverts to the default 3 profiles that are present after factory reset. When I start iCUE again, it works fine again.

When iCUE is running, the 3 profiles that have 1/2/3 on them are what I want. I even edited these ones to what I want rather than reassigning a profile to the onboard slot. And as far as I understand, these should then be the 3 profiles that are available when I quit iCUE, right? They aren't, as I say, soon as I quit, it reverts to the factory default ones.

One other weird thing - when I uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE, my old profiles were still there. I guess these are saved somewhere and not deleted on uninstall. Should I try a full clean reinstall? How would I do this?

Very frustrating. I don't know how to describe the issue any better and it is late. If anyone has any other advice, I would really like to get this working. Quite frustrating to buy a very expensive device and not have it work properly. Other than this, I really love the keyboard!!

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them, and it is definitely not the KVM. I can't get it to behave as it should while plugged direct into desktop. Have tried ESC factory resetting the keyboard and even uninstalling and reinstalling iCUE (I had the v3.x, have gone up to v4.x).

The behaviour is very strange. When iCUE is running, the profiles all work fine. When I quit iCUE, the keyboard reverts to the default 3 profiles that are present after factory reset. When I start iCUE again, it works fine again.

When iCUE is running, the 3 profiles that have 1/2/3 on them are what I want. I even edited these ones to what I want rather than reassigning a profile to the onboard slot. And as far as I understand, these should then be the 3 profiles that are available when I quit iCUE, right? They aren't, as I say, soon as I quit, it reverts to the factory default ones.

One other weird thing - when I uninstalled and reinstalled iCUE, my old profiles were still there. I guess these are saved somewhere and not deleted on uninstall. Should I try a full clean reinstall? How would I do this?

Very frustrating. I don't know how to describe the issue any better and it is late. If anyone has any other advice, I would really like to get this working. Quite frustrating to buy a very expensive device and not have it work properly. Other than this, I really love the keyboard!!

Thanks!

We would recommend that you contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com. Do note that you will have to do all the troubleshooting provided by them by having the keyboard directly connected to one of your systems and NOT the KVM switch though.