Corsair Community

Weird Noise (from fan?)

All,

my PC is making a weird noise every 5-15 minutes. It sounds like a fan is accelerating very fast for a split second and then goes back to normal again. The only things that are moving in my computer are 10 QL120 fans that are connected to a CoPro via 5 2 way splitter cables, the XD5 pump and the fan of the AX850 PSU. I compared the noise with manually accelerating the pump and the QLs to 100% PWM. The pump has a completely different sound and the QLs have a lower pitch than the weird sound that I am getting. For the QL fans I also don’t see any RPM spikes in the Dashboard, but that might be due to the 1s polling rate which is probably too slow to catch it. I have tried with ICue 3 and 4 and it happens on both versions. It is not really a big deal but still I would like to get to the bottom of it. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

If the fans don't show a spike, I would look at the AX860 going from a passive state to active fan and that typically involves a full 12v power on before falling back to the designated speed. That usually is usually power load dependent, so it should not be triggering at the desktop level.

No I’m still at work but I’ll do it later and let you know

EDIT: it was indeed the fan of the PSU... I disabled zero fan mode and now everything stays silent. Thanks c-attack for the hint

Edited by Gasalon