Corsair Community

ax760i PSU not appearing in iCue

skrybe

This has been a problem since switching from Link to iCue but I've put off worrying about it til now. I'm looking to replace my GTX1070 with a GTX3080 or RX6900XT and wanted to actually check PSU usage before and after. This is largely because the new cards have much higher draw and I've seen recommendations for 850W PSUs or higher.

So I've seen a bunch of people having problems with iCue and AXI PSUs but a lot of them are actually seeing the PSU in the dashboard, just unable to control fan speeds and the like. I'm literally not able to see the PSU at all so I can't add it to the dashboard. The dongle is connected and it was working in Link (a few years ago now).

So is there a trick to getting it to appear? I don't really care about the fan control (though that would be nice) I just want to be able to see the power draw again.

Side note: I'm considering a new, bigger PSU if necessary for the new vid card. I was going to buy a new AXI series PSU but I'm worried they won't report power draw either, which renders one of their biggest selling points useless. Do the current PSUs appear in iCUE?

edit: Oh just in case it matters I'm using 3.38.61 of iCUE, but the PSU hasn't appeared in *any* version I've used.

edit 2: Since I've literally just discovered that v4 has been released I just checked that. It says in this thread that the ax760i is supported so I just installed 4.9.350 and the PSU still doesn't appear.

edit 3: I've just realised that there's an LED on the PSU Link dongle, and it's not lit up. Is it possible that the dongle itself has died?

Edited by skrybe

• Corsair Employees

You cannot run LINK at the same time as iCUE as it will conflict since they both try to connect to and control the same devices. You are going to need to completely remove LINK from your system and then perform the clean install instructions below for iCUE.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I've never had LINK installed in this version of windows. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and I've only had iCUE on it. The last time I had LINK (and the PSU monitoring) working I was running Windows 7 :(

edit: Is there any other software that might conflict with iCUE? I have Asus' AI suite installed (and running), and the Aura software (not running). Got HWInfo installed (not running).

Edited by skrybe

HWinfo can conflict if you ever set it to start minimized in background and forgot about it.

But if it's not running at all, it shouldn't.

Just to be sure go to its options, security tab, and disable corsair/asetek support.

It definitely wasn't running initially because I only installed it yesterday after I couldn't see PSU information in iCUE. Since HWInfo is supposed to be able to show the PSU info I thought I'd try that, but it doesn't show you the info either. And I've just double checked and it's definitely not running in the background now, and still no luck.

Should the dongle LED be lit up at all? I'm wondering whether it's somehow broken, or the cable is damaged?

Edited by skrybe
typo

Straight into an internal mobo header, no internal hub or passthrough. It's the exact same hardware setup that worked with LINK several years ago before I upgraded to Win10 and iCUE. Edited by skrybe
clarity

I've got it working again! Looks like there is a problem with the USB header I was using. There are two headers on the mobo, one called USB and one that is USB but also seems to share with ROG Ext. I switched to the first and when I booted the dongle LEDs lit up again. Then once I got into windows and fired up iCUE there was the PSU!

I'll do some more testing later to work out whether the second USB header has died or whether it's just a quirk and PSU+iCUE doesn't work through it for whatever reason.