Corsair Community

One Temp Sensor for Two Commander Pros

kewlmunky

Hello,

I am running two Commander Pros in a daisy chain and a total of 9 QL 120 fans. I have a single inline liquid temperature sensor going to the first Commander Pro and was wondering if it's possible to have the second Commander Pro also use it for setting fan speed?

I'm running iCUE v4 and only the first Commander Pro shows the temperature sensor's information. I can set the second Command Pro to use Commander Pro for a temperature sensor but it does not appear to be receiving the data as the fans go to the slowest speed.

In the Commander Pro #2 “(1)” sensor drop down menu you should see Commander Pro Temp #1. That will function as a control variable for the fans on C-Pro #2. However, just like any other MB or system based sensor value, C-Pro #1 will need access to that data when CUE isn’t running.

If this is an air cooled system you can run another thermistor wire from C-Pro #2 to ensure those fans are on task at all times. In a water cooled system you will need another plug sensor somewhere else in the loop. That is something that can be added with a T-fitting to replace a 90 deg or one of several other places.

Edited by c-attack
Hilarious predictive text errors

In the Commander Pro #2 “(1)” sensor drop down menu you should see Commander Pro Temp #1. That will function as a control variable for the fans on C-Pro #2. However, just like any other MB or system based sensor value, C-Pro #1 will love access to that data when CUE isn’t running.

The second Commander Pro's drop down does not have an option for the first one, just one for itself (Commander Pro Temp).

If this is an air cooled system you can run another thermistor wire from C-Pro #2 to ensure those fans are on task at all times. In a water cooled system you will need another plug sensor somewhere else in the loop. That is something that can be added with a T-fitting to replace a 90 deg or one of several other places.

I may have to look into this, but is there maybe a splitter I could buy so that I can plug the sensor into both Commander Pros?

That Commander Pro Temp is from the first Commander with the sensor. The second one will show as “Commander Pro (1) Temp #” but only if you connect sensor values. It should show no temp values if none are connected.

It’s possible there is some type of 10K thermistor wire splitter out there, but I have not seen one before and this may be complicated the nature of how the sensor works.

if it was a thermocouple it may have worked, badly, but with thermistances, i doubt it will.

If you don't have free slots to put a plug style thermistance, you can use one of these inline style sensors (many brands do them, it's just an example)

https://www.aquatuning.fr/refroidissement-par-eau/controleurs/thermometre/15939/phobya-capteur-de-temperature-a-l-interieur/filetage-exterieur-g1/4-noir-terne?c=2064

That Commander Pro Temp is from the first Commander with the sensor. The second one will show as “Commander Pro (1) Temp #” but only if you connect sensor values. It should show no temp values if none are connected.

Okay this time it worked. I swore the first few times I tried this the fans kept going to the lowest RPM while the others on the first Commander Pro were running much faster.

I think it's all working, now. Thanks.