Corsair Community

Question about the Corsair software/hardware before I buy?

OneFingeredFist

Do the issues people have happen on the intel MB the same as the AMD MB?

Just curious what the main problem is. I have started ordering my parts and wondering if these would cause a problem?

I have 6 Corsair ql 120 fans

ASUS dark hero MB

Plan on getting these:

ASUS strix 3080

Ryzen 5900 cpu

Corsair dominator ram

Don’t want to spend a bunch of money and have issues right out of the gate. Just looking for some opinions.

Do the issues people have happen on the intel MB the same as the AMD MB?

Just curious what the main problem is. I have started ordering my parts and wondering if these would cause a problem?

I have 6 Corsair ql 120 fans

ASUS dark hero MB

Plan on getting these:

ASUS strix 3080

Ryzen 5900 cpu

Corsair dominator ram

Don’t want to spend a bunch of money and have issues right out of the gate. Just looking for some opinions.

Which Issues are you worried about?

remember... you only read the issues.... people with no issues are to busy enjoying it to come post that they have no issues and those people are the far bigger number.

if it's the USB disconnects they are on AMD. The fix is being deployed as a bios update and most manufacturers have sent it out already.

It's not just Corsair that is affected. Just about any USB peripheral can trigger that disconnection. Of course here, you only hear about Corsair's

Check out this thread https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=204534

Regarding the Dominator ram LED issue, it seems to have been fixed too, but if ever you get a dud that hit the shelves before the fix, you can hit Corsair support to get them RMAed. But that's just cosmetics, the RAM itself works without any issues. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=203898

Edited by LeDoyen