Corsair Community

Bad VS1GBKIT400!!

:(: Ram Guy,

Here's my story. I was on my comp last night and my comp shut down and a stop error code came up, then it said mem read/write failure @ 0037D000 and then something about decreasing my availible memory, memory line failure @ 00380000, read 00000000 expecting C7C7C7C7 and this went on, there was a few other codes as well but I can't remember all of them. I contacted DELL tech support and through explaining the error codes to him we figured there was a problem with my memory, but before jumping to any conclusions we went through a few basic troubleshooting steps first to make sure it wasn't my hard drive or anything else in my computer, as it turns out it wasn't. Next I removed the mem module furthest from the processor leaving the one closest to the processor in and tried firing up my comp, still didn't work, same error codes. Then I removed the remaining module and put the one I had taken out of the opposite slot into the slot closest to the processor and started her up and it worked, just to be sure I slid the remaining (bad) module back into the empty remaining slot furthest from processor just to make sure it wasn't some fluke, and tried to restart and it didn't work. So through the process of elimination we discovered I had a bad module. Now, I just bought this VS1GBKIT400 DDR, PC32 from Monarch Computer Systems on 3-22-2005 and installed it in my comp about two days after recieving it, so I am pretty bummed that this happened. I was warned from everyone on the DELL forum not to buy this "value RAM", but I bought it anyway, so here I sit with a fried module. I also sent you and the warranty department an e-mail but haven't heard anything back yet, so I decided to come on this forum considering I'll need evidence of contact in the form of a post ID number which I hope to obtain today. When I bought this part I did a lot of research on it and it's warranty info and on Monarch's site it stated that this product is under warranty directly through manufacter CORSAIR because it is an original part, so I don't think contacting Monarch will help me in any way when my warranty is through you guys. So where do I find this post ID #? I assume it'll be on your return post when I get one from you, is this right? Also I do have concerns about how many people other than myself that have had problems with this same kit, it really concerns me. I don't want to have to continually go through this, I want dependable memory that is going to work well in my computer and not have to worry about it burning out! Please let me know what to do next and if there is a way to get better RAM in my computer from CORSAIR, something that won't fail for no apparent reason. Also I assume I'll have to return both modules, good and bad, right? Please let me know. I appreciate your time!

Sincerely,

MLP

Forum Post Number: #189385 (It's at the top of your post)

You won't get a response to this thread or to your emails from Corsair till Monday, as they're closed for the weekend.

You're seeing lots of posts about the memory because people only post here to complain, not to praise. It's that way all the time in customer service / tech support, nothing new.

You'll only need to RMA one module. Which Dell do you have?

Forum Post Number: #189385 (It's at the top of your post)

You won't get a response to this thread or to your emails from Corsair till Monday, as they're closed for the weekend.

You're seeing lots of posts about the memory because people only post here to complain, not to praise. It's that way all the time in customer service / tech support, nothing new.

You'll only need to RMA one module. Which Dell do you have?

Wired,

Thx for the info! I have a DELL DIM 3000, I know I know, what the hell was I thinking right? Well, I know better now! I went from knowing nothing about computers using a HP Pavillion 164 MB RAM to this which is a far cry better but now that I know more about computers my next purchase will be a custom built comp, hopfully from alienware! Anyhow this comp came with 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HD, pent 4 E 2.8 MHZ prescott, onboard Intel Extream graphics. Now Iit has Plextor 716A DVD/CD burner, same pent 4, 80 GB HD, 1 GB RAM (now back to 512 because of the fried module), and I also installed a Nvidia Geforce Apollo FX 5700 LE graphics card, the best I could do considering I only have lousy PCI slots, like I said my next comp will be a smokin gaming machine! Lol! Anyhow, again thx for the info, if you have anymore info or questions let me know!

Archived