Corsair Community

Commander Pro and iCue - what am I doing wrong?

Dave_Coulson

Hello all, new to the forum and of course my first post is about an issue.

I've recently bought a commander pro, 6 SP 120 fans and 4 RGB strips. I've connected the Commander Pro to a USB header and it has it's own sata power line from my PSU, the LED strips are in two pairs and the fans are connected to the Pro using the cable marked to rgb hub but when I go into iCue and tell it there are two RGB strips on each channel nothing happens and the fans aren't responding either.

What am I doing wrong? device manager see's the Commander Pro and so does iCue but I can't get anything to light up or run, I did read on an Amazon review some rant about also needing a fan hub as well as the Pro, is this correct? and if it is the case is there something similar I need for the strips as well? On the site where I bought the Pro it kind of reads like it handles everything - have I missed something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Watch your strips they have to be wired starting small male connector into the box I had the same issue it looked all correct but wouldn’t lite soon as I took the first strip and plugged it directly they all turned on.
  • Confused 1

• Corsair Employees
I would recommend you give Zotty's pinned post a read through and then double check you have everything setup correctly. Also if you are using an extension cable to plug the strips into the Commander Pro make sure it is indeed an extension cable and not something else. The extension cable should have three wires not two.

Thanks both for the replies, you were spot on Mike i'd used the extender that came with the strips so they were connected from the wrong end, once I flipped them they worked fine, only problem with that is that because of where the Pro is behind the motherboard tray i've lost a whole strip but they are working now so many thanks.

Zotty's quide did indeed clear things up, think i'm up to speed now, thanks once again.