Corsair Community

H100i Platinum RGB SE - LEDs on Fans Issue

Hey, all! I have a small issue with the LL120 fans connected to my H100i. When selecting any static color through iCue, a good portion of the LEDs go a bit wonky. The most I've tried thus far is making sure the cooler is up to date and reinstalling iCue, but neither option resulted in anything. At this point I don't think software is the culprit, I suspect it's a physical problem. Before I open a support ticket with Corsair, I was thinking about swapping where the RGB wires are plugged in. Failing that, I do have a couple extra LL120 fans I can stick on the radiator to replace these if need be. I imagine this issue has been seen before and hopefully resolved somewhat painlessly. If any of my ideas sound good or you'd like to offer any other solution, I'm all ears!

Thanks a bunch!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eop7vxklv5gigd2/H100i.jpg?dl=0

I assumed that you were using a 6 port RGB Hub + controller since you have several LL fans within the case. If you have 2 fans on the Platinum lighting controller and the remainder on an another lighting controller, but the 2 on the Platinum are the only 2 misbehaving, then the RGB hub is not at issue. However, you might move the RGB connectors from the Platinum to the other RGB hub/controller as a way to test the fans outside of the Platinum's controller.

Otherwise I would contact Corsair Support. The next likely step would be a firmware flash for the Platinum, but you can wait for support to suggest it. You also may prefer having all the LL fans on 1 controller so they act as a single unit (if you have 6 or less fans).

Ohhhh right, I'm so dumb. I forgot that my system specs are under my name. That makes it more misleading than I meant it to be, my bad. I've actually upgraded my system since then so I should update that spec list. Right now I'm running 3 QL140 fans on the Lighting Node Core. The 2 LL120 fans that are hooked up to the H100i radiator, as per the instructions I just hooked the unit up to itself, essentially. I'll swap the RGB connectors later today and see if that helps.

OK. You can plug each of the LL RGB connectors into your Lighting Node Core with the QLs to check fan function. Tell iCUE its QL x 4 now. Even though its not a QL, that will generate enough lights to cover it. If LL #1 is OK, you can swap in #2.

The other way to do it would be run 1 LL at a time on the Platinum RGB connector #1. The only problem here is that does not differentiate a bad fan from a Platinum controller or software problem, but that might be easier to do with the wires.