Corsair Community

Any way to link LED on different devices (not lightning link)

WillyUndBilly

Hi,

Is there any way to link (or macro) for an example the mouse left button, so all LED in your system goes (static is just for an example) static until release?

This could look pretty damn cool in many games and would lighting up (pun intended) the game's atmosphere a lot!

Like in RDR2 having "Q" make everything go totally red - when you tag an enemy in dead eye, would be pretty fun. If that was possible, so would gradient, ripple etc. also be possible and would make a crazy addition to the already fun'n'easy iCUE.

Regards,

Willy

There are two ways you can do this. For relatively simple interactions, you can set lighting effects to start "on key pressed" instead of with profile. You then set the stop command to either on key press (a 2nd key press) or "on release" to make it a while holding effect. For example, I create a new lighting effect "solid" and blue and apply it my F1-F12 keys. Change start to on key press and stop to on release. Now any time I press F1-F12, the entire row will turn blue while I am holding it. This works for waves and other preset effects as well. Where this breaks down is when you want 1 key to trigger the effect, but also want the effect to apply to a larger group of keys -- like the "W effect" you proposed in RDR2. For that you need to perform a profile shift as described in the thread below.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=205240

It's same concept, except you will use "W" or a different key and you want to profile shift "on press". You are shifting from one profile to another to make this work. Copying your existing game profile will save you time vs creating a secondary profile from scratch. In the 2nd copy profile, you set the keyboard to red, red pulsing, whatever. You set stop to on release. Make sure this action exists in both profiles and they must be linked to each other.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

I know about making the different kinds of macros on the keyboard/mouse. But I wanted to go "system wide".

So if I press the a specific key or combination on the keyboard all of my 10 QL120, 4 Vengeance RAM, 3 ML120, MM800, M65, 4 lightstrips, ASUS Mobo, ROG 3080, AirFlow Platinum and Lian Li Strimer Plus, 360 Cappelix AIO and the LED on the front of the Lian Li to go "POOOOOOW!!!!" and blind me like a flashbang.

Right now I can only have my keyboard (K95 P) go "pfffff ..." compared to a whole system light change.

With the amount of bucks I have been launching at LED in this boring Corvid-time, I would like a little more bang ;-) I just want to learn every aspect of iCUE, since I am probably only using 50% of its potential.

All of my RGB-fun is tied together in iCUE with adapters, so it is all controllable - I just need to figure out, if light macros can go further than the keyboard.