Corsair Community

iCue disaster and Links does not do it better

lucabc

HI,

I bougth 3 LL120 with Ligthning node pro and 2 stick of RAM Vengeance Pro (2x32Gb).

It was a great error.

Lightning control is very difficult. My problems:

1) LL120 can be controlled only by Links (Aura works sometimes but a lot of times doesn't see the devices, ICUE install and opens but doesn't detect any device -> years of device not detected ... maybe is the time to correct the issue).

2) Vengeance not detected by links or iCue and in this way not controllable at all.

The question is: Is there a solution? Maybe someone could think no, you have hardware conflict, incompatibiliy and so on but ... BUT ... OPENRGB sees all devices perfectly and allows to manage fans and ram perfectly.

This program create only basic effects and I would like to use iCue. Why don't you fix your bugs?

Regards,

Luca

PS

OpenRgb is written by an enthusiast programmer not payed. Do you understand?

• Corsair Employees

The solution is going to be you need to remove LINK from your system, along with any other third-party RGB controlling software as it will conflict with iCUE. Then refer to Zotty's pinned post at the top of the forums and make sure you have everything connected properly. Also would be beneficial to know what version of iCUE you are attempting to use.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Ok,

An other problem. I mounted the corsair cooler H100i and, after installation, what do you think? Not detected! Instead the PSU 650i works perfectly connected to commander pro. At this time I see: LL120 usable from link (on icue all is not detected ahahahaah), RAM usable from third part (never detected by link, I saw 1 time on iCue with a strange error but, closing and reopening then ... Not detected ahahahahaah).

Ok, go serious. I bought a lot of corsair product thinking about compatibility but this situation is absurd: Corsair not working with Corsair.

You say I have to reinstall Link? I've done it 10 times without results, testing different versions ...

• Corsair Employees
No as I stated you will need to remove LINK completely from your system because it will conflict with iCUE. If you wish to utilize iCUE you cannot have LINK installed and running. Link is a discontinued software and is not longer actively developed or supported. As for the H100i what exact H100i cooler is it? RAM detection normally means you need to update your BIOS or you are also running third-party software that is conflict. Typical third-party software that conflicts with DRAM detection are things like Armoury Crate, Mystic Light, Dragon Center, RGB Fusion, etc... IF you are running them at the same time as iCUE they will conflict with RGB DRAM because they are also trying to connect to and control any RGB DRAM installed. YOu will need to close those also.

Ok.

I explain: OpenRgb was a patch because I can't use iCue ... until today. Infact the problem, you're right, was Link. I uninstalled every Asus software on my machine, uninstalled Link and (after restart) I can finally use iCue.

Ok, I'm happy. It's beautiful and all devices are now detected and working. The Asus motherboard plugin is working fine (I don't believe !). Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Luca

Good Morning!

Other day, other run. Today I logged on, opened iCUE and ... BOOM! NO device detected. But I said to me: ok, now i know I have to uninstall all, then reboot. Install only iCUE, then reboot. Result: no device detected.

What can I do now? Link is not installed, obviously.