Corsair Community

1/10 fans won't show RGB

ChrisAshley91

I have 10 QL120 fans, h150i cooler all connected to 1 RGB hub, 1 Commander Core and 1 Commander Pro. I followed the photo diagram listed in this post.. I edited in the layout that I have and colored number the fans in the case position (bottom left).. long story short the Blue 4 fan (top mount furthest right fan) doesn't always show up in icue and just stays RBG off.. but the fan still spins. Ive tired adding 2 more fans for 12 total.. those worked.. I have changed the plugs around and still the fan plugged into the 4th slot of the commander core wont light up.. I have had random times on a power up that the fan will work spinning/rgb and shows up in icue and I can change the color and play around with it. then ill reboot the pc 10 times in a row and the RGB is dead again.. then I will turn on the pc again and after another restart and then the problem continues.. I am kinda lost now for things to troubleshoot.. I am thinking faulty Commander Core at this point. I have Armoury Crate and Aura Creator for my Asus Mobo RGB and Dragon Center for my GPU RGB along with iCUE, but iCUE is the only one controlling anything with the fans.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cjfq6p8

https://imgur.com/gallery/yf2VWKn

Unlike all the other controllers, the Commander Core has individual fan RGB channels. So it is possible RGB fan port #4 is bad and thus it only affects fan 4 whereas on a traditional series controller it would take out fans 4-5-6. However, the overwhelming majority of the time the problem is the fan. Temporarily swap RGB #4 with 3 or 5 and see if the problem travels with the fan or stays with the new fan on #4. You also can move that one to #5 and leave #4 open, but it would be good to figure out if the controller is OK.

The other complexity with the Com Core is it has an auto-detect feature for RGB and the PWM side. You can force a re-check of the RGB ports through the CUE settings.

Edited by c-attack

Unlike all the other controllers, the Commander Core has individual fan RGB channels. So it is possible RGB fan port #4 is bad and thus it only affects fan 4 whereas on a traditional series controller it would take out fans 4-5-6. However, the overwhelming majority of the time the problem is the fan. Temporarily swap RGB #4 with 3 or 5 and see if the problem travels with the fan or stays with the new fan on #4.

The other complexity with the Com Core is it has an auto-detect feature for RGB and the PWM side. You can force a re-check of the ports through the CUE settings.

I have tried other fans in port 4 and they also wont light up even when port 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 all work and power fine no matter if I have a QL or the extra ML fans i have laying around. So I am guessing there is a short or failure out of box in rgb port 4. It just seems weird it works and shows up in iCUE when it wants at times.

Unlike all the other controllers, the Commander Core has individual fan RGB channels. So it is possible RGB fan port #4 is bad and thus it only affects fan 4 whereas on a traditional series controller it would take out fans 4-5-6. However, the overwhelming majority of the time the problem is the fan. Temporarily swap RGB #4 with 3 or 5 and see if the problem travels with the fan or stays with the new fan on #4.

The other complexity with the Com Core is it has an auto-detect feature for RGB and the PWM side. You can force a re-check of the RGB ports through the CUE settings.

One other thing i just noticed is that when I open iCUE at the top is shows my tabs for Asus mobo, Node Core, Com Pro, then h150i.. the h150i has the Blue 1, 2, 3, 4 fans plugged into it.. but it doesn't actually show a Com Core tab

One other thing i just noticed is that when I open iCUE at the top is shows my tabs for Asus mobo, Node Core, Com Pro, then h150i.. the h150i has the Blue 1, 2, 3, 4 fans plugged into it.. but it doesn't actually show a Com Core tab

This part is normal. When the special AIO wide cable at the end is connected, then it's in "AIO mode" and will show that as the CUE icon. If you were using the Commander Core without the AIO cable, it would display like a Commander.

I would contact Corsair Support in regards to the RGB Port #4 and see what they say. In the meantime, you can move #4 to #5. Unlike all the other controllers, it does not have to be in series 1-2-3-4.. etc. You may need to run the auto-detect if you do this with the power on or it will do it automatically on the next cold boot from a power off state.

This part is normal. When the special AIO wide cable at the end is connected, then it's in "AIO mode" and will show that as the CUE icon. If you were using the Commander Core without the AIO cable, it would display like a Commander.

I would contact Corsair Support in regards to the RGB Port #4 and see what they say. In the meantime, you can move #4 to #5. Unlike all the other controllers, it does not have to be in series 1-2-3-4.. etc. You may need to run the auto-detect if you do this with the power on or it will do it automatically on the next cold boot from a power off state.

thanks for the reply. ill give that a shot and wait for their response on the issue.