Corsair Community

H150I Elite Capellix Not Lighting in RGB Games

mikea213

Hi all hopefully someone can help out here. I just went to a rgb system and for some reason when I play games that support RGB the only rgb's that work are the keyboard and mouse and the led strips in the case. All the fans and the CPU pump turn off on H150I. In the videos I have watch all those work. What could be causing it? Is this new water cooler not supported?

Thanks,

Mike

I am assuming you mean those games with SDK elements linked to gameplay. Most of those profiles as well as other 3rd party lighting profiles were created before the release of the Elite coolers (and any other recent release products). A profile has to be coded for each unique device for it to work with that device. For the game integration profiles, it likely also requires the game developer or rights holder sign off any changes. That may not be so easy as time moves on.

I am assuming you mean those games with SDK elements linked to gameplay. Most of those profiles as well as other 3rd party lighting profiles were created before the release of the Elite coolers (and any other recent release products). A profile has to be coded for each unique device for it to work with that device. For the game integration profiles, it likely also requires the game developer or rights holder sign off any changes. That may not be so easy as time moves on.

Is there a way round it? I know the light strips I put in work fine. I tried to remove the rgb fans off the controller that came with the H150i and use the one that came with the 4000x Rgb case and it did the same thing. The SDK thing is kind why I finally decide after years to try rgb.

Not for games with integrated lighting in the SDK like Far Cry, Division 2, etc. if the SDK box is ticked, then the game lighting profile is in complete control and you cannot add or change elements. You can untick the SDK box in settings to regain control. There are third party lighting profiles and you can import the base colors from the game profile to create your own game specific theme, but it won’t be dynamic in relation to game events.