Corsair Community

Advice on what to do in regards to bad memory

I have 2 sticks of these:

CMK64GX4M2E3200C16

I bought from amazon in dec, I built my system about a month ago but using an old video card I experienced random crashes/issues (I never fully tested my system because I was waiting for a new video card) (to be honest I thought the random crashes might be from using an old 970gtx on a new built system (I dont know) - only used just light browsing work, youtube etc.

I finally got a new gpu 6700xt yesterday and reinstalled/formatted everything (and updated all drivers/bios to latest) and wanted to test it using timespy.

Long story short.

It would always crash with my memory set at xmp.

I noticed that if I took off xmp timespy wouldnt crash.

Then I decided to try each stick separately at xmp.

One stick always crashes timespy, the other never crashes timespy (both set at xmp). I tried this 5x each. (placed the sticks in the same mem slot in case you are wondering; only variable is which stick I used).

So amazon said I should go through corsair to get this rectified.

What is the best way? Considering 1 stick is bad and 1 is ok; but if corsair sends me say 1 stick is that not a good idea when you are dealing with a pair of memory?

anyways whats your take?

oh awhile ago I tried running what is that program mem86+ (that mem test thing for 6 hours and no issues were found; although it didnt get through many tests - 64 gigs takes forever to run), I saw it suggested on another forum in regards to my random crashes.

You're gonna have to send the kit back, not just one stick and Corsair now requires the proof of purchase, hopefully, they are fast with yours, when I RMA'ed my USB flash drive, they took over three months and I think I saw in the webpage that they were waiting for my response, which made no sense but save the RMA page so you have quick access to it.

I don't buy electronics from Amazon, they handle too much stuff, I go to newegg every time, and never a bad kit.