Corsair Community

Fan RGB issue going to icue4

JuC_Fresh

After messing with icue4 and both CoCos for an hour or 2 after having an issue with 1 fan's rgb not working (seems like just ch 1 works), after going back to icue3, all fans' RGB is working like normal but now my k65mini won't show(i'm sure icue4 is required for this)

i was wondering if anybody had any idea why only ch1 for the RGB on the commander core works in icue4 but all work in icue3, and if there was a fix for this.

For now i just set up a hardware profile on the K65mini to match the RGB in the pc and running icue3 but i'd like to go back to icue4.

Edited by JuC_Fresh
english

nope.. it actually made it worse.. now only 2 fans' leds are working (icue4)

went back to icue 3 and all is working again besides not detecting the k65mini

Edited by JuC_Fresh

By "channel 1", you mean lighting for fan #1? Assuming you verified the lighting set up, but the Commander Core also has an auto-detect protocol. Re-running that from the setting menu might correct it. I also would be curious if the new lighting themes (replaced instant lighting) turn them on or if new profiles are able to display all the LEDs.

By "channel 1", you mean lighting for fan #1? Assuming you verified the lighting set up, but the Commander Core also has an auto-detect protocol. Re-running that from the setting menu might correct it. I also would be curious if the new lighting themes (replaced instant lighting) turn them on or if new profiles are able to display all the LEDs.

yes lighting for fan #1. i tried auto detect and even manually put 8led fan. i actually tried all of them and still only the fan plugged into the first slot will light up. tried the lighting themes as well only 1 fan connected to the core lights up.

only thing that has worked was going back to icue3 but like i mentioned i lose control of the k65mini

There are a lot of Elite owners out there and this is the only complaint about the lighting working in this way. That would seem to rule out a inherent software error in CUE4.

You can check against a profile conversion error by creating a new profile and adding lighting or using the override "theme lighting" to check against a set-up error as mentioned above.

Aside from that and with no other information, contact Corsair Support

Thing is I'm running 8 elite fans with 2 commander cores and not a pro so I have a feeling it's not incredibly common? When originally trying to figure it out, I did try creating a new profile and adding lighting, but when I click on the commander core in icue4, it only detects 1 fan for lighting..

I may just have to contact support I guess.

• Corsair Employees
Thing is I'm running 8 elite fans with 2 commander cores and not a pro so I have a feeling it's not incredibly common? When originally trying to figure it out, I did try creating a new profile and adding lighting, but when I click on the commander core in icue4, it only detects 1 fan for lighting..

I may just have to contact support I guess.

Once you create a support ticket PM me the ticket number.