Corsair Community

Radiator fans hitting memory

Went to install my Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler and there wasn't enough room with Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 4000MHz Memory. Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM had no issue's fitting with radiator fans.

Case - Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Smart Case Black (CC-9011173-WW)

Mobo:ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

I want to go with the Patriot memory. Does anyone have another option then going with 2 Silverstone fans? they only push 32 cfm :-S

SilverStone Technology Slim 120mm Addressable RGB Fan with 15mm Thin Design FW124-ARGB

Edited by rickyracerlv

You probably need to front mount the radiator as most do in a “mid-size” case. The shallow top is a pretty common thing. You are likely to get better coolant temps up front as intake by moving it out of the gpu heat zone.

15mm fans are pretty anemic on a radiator and thickness does matter for pressure. That would not be my first choice solution.

My 750D is spacious enough for my H115i to be top mounted. The more modest H100i could be mounted in the rear easily too.

The smaller Corsair iCUE 220T is more cramped so like c-attack said the front is as good of spot as you can find