Corsair Community

Corsair k60 RGB pro spacebar records 2 inputs with 1 press

Hello!

I have bought a corsair k60 keyboard and It has a little issue.

Whennever i press the sapcebar (this only happens on the spacebar!),

It more often than not puts 2 spaces down instead of one.

What might be the source of this?

the issue happens with and without icue running.

My icue software version is 3.38.61 (as of writing)

and my keyboard firmware version is 4.18.10 (also as of writing)

This is my first ever time owning a cherry keyboard, but i am more than certain that this is not me doing something wrong.

I might add that it almost doesnt happen when i only press the key in halfway down.

I have bought this keybopard trough an online vendor called coolblue (i am from belgium and its one of the main online vendors here like amazon).

Anyone have an idea what the issue may be and how it could be solved?

Kind regards

• Corsair Employees

Hi Mr.GingerBread,

This is called "Key Chatter" and can be caused by either hardware or software/driver issues.

Try a soft reset as a first step here:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

If that doesn't work, go ahead and open up a ticket with support. Please include with your submission a photograph of the rear of your keyboard -- this will expedite the troubleshooting process and provide information to us so we can help perform a Hard Firmware Reset on the device as a next step if needed.

Hi Mr.GingerBread,

This is called "Key Chatter" and can be caused by either hardware or software/driver issues.

Try a soft reset as a first step here:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

If that doesn't work, go ahead and open up a ticket with support. Please include with your submission a photograph of the rear of your keyboard -- this will expedite the troubleshooting process and provide information to us so we can help perform a Hard Firmware Reset on the device as a next step if needed.

Thanks a lot!

this has fixed the issue im sure.

It happens rarely now but thats probably because of me having to adjust to type on this.

Thanks massively for the help!

nevermind i rectract my statement.

It still seems to chatter very frequently, i assume it was just placebo or me typing more to the edge of the spacebar (left/right side) as i noticed that causes it to do so less (might have done so unkowingly when testing again).

For now im using a program called 'keyboard chatter blocker' which does get rid of this issue and logs it as well.