Corsair Community

CMX512 - 2700LLPT - Intermitent Reboots

Corsair Platinum Series

CMX512 - 2700LLPT

I have a Pentium 4 2.4 ghz on a Albatron 865pe pro ii motherboard I have replaced the videocard and disabled all onboard resources. The problem is when I get into playing a game that uses a large amount of memory I seem to have intermitent reboots. I don't get game crashes but I get system crashes where the entire computer will reboot. Each time it will let me know windows has recovered fro a serious error.

At the current time I have narrowed the memory down as being the problem, I replaced the CPU due to the fact it seemed like it was running hot. I replaced the video card with a backup video card these issues kept happening. Since then I have removed the Corsair memory and been able to play a game without a reboot. Tonight I will test using it for an extended period of time and see if it reboots. At this time I'm fairly sure it's the memory causing these reboot issues. If anyone else knows of anything else I can try to be 100% sure I would appreciate it.

Currently I have been running since this post without the memory completely flawless no reboots or anything with that being said i'm 100% sure it's the RAM because I have run all CAS timing and never had this issue before. Tonight I will put the memory back in and run the memtest and post the results.

Thanx for the reply

When I get off work and back home I'll gladly list all the settings I ahve been using and I'll run the memory test. Currently I have replaced the 512 with some older and slower memory. The other chip I have in the computer is an exact match of the XMS 2700LLPT I ordered them at the same time for running in dual channel.

I ran the memtest on both modules seperatly let it run while I was at work passed with no errors quite a few times. I have since removed every piece of hardware and reformatted and reinstalled XP SP1 and SP2 1-2 hours into playing a game the computer reboots.

So far the only hardware in my computer is a videocard. Everything has been removed and/or disabled. I'm fairly mind boggled by this issue. Any other information or tests for me to try I'd be happy just completely confused at this time.

No BSOD no error just reboots with the standard your system has recovered from a serious error. CPU was warranty exchanged from intel less then a year ago due to it overheating.

System Specs:

Albatron 865PE PRO II

Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz 533 FSB

2 X CMX512 - 2700LLPT

Enermax True Blue 480 Watt PSU

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO

I have removed all other hardware and disabled all onboard hardware. I have replaced everything but the motherboard for testing purposes. Any other tests or information you are looking for please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
Can a friend maybe help you test the modules in another system to be sure. But we can try replacing the memory if you like. However, from what you have posted I would suspect some other issue.

Well if you have any other ideas just go ahead and lay them out, I'm in the process of testing the memory in a older Epox motherboard that I had prior to purchasing this Albatron. I'll let you know how it runs and if I get any reboots.

• Corsair Employees

I would try and set these settings manually and see if that helps.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: DDR333

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Then please test with http://www.memtest.org.

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried all these settings and can't seem to get a fix I upgraded to DDR 400 a dual channel set and everything is running smooth as can be I'll try them in my 2nd computer and see if it works I'll post results maybe it was just my new MB not liking the RAM.

Yes this was on a clean install of windows and a newer 865pe pro II Motherboard. I'm going to be trying the Corsair ram on a older motherboard this evening. I'll run memtest and see what happens.

Archived