Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K55 RGB PRO and K55 RGB PRO XT Gaming Keyboards

• Corsair Employee
1658788164_Image1.thumb.JPG.9c8d69fd3a48e8d19447c27df4c72233.JPG
Shown: K55 RGB PRO XT

Hey everyone,

While we've released keyboards with mechanical and optical switches, we haven't forgotten about our rubber dome friends! The K55 RGB PRO and K55 RGB PRO XT keyboards are loaded with features that cater to casual gamers or users who prefer rubber dome switches. Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Dynamic RGB backlighting that allows you to assign your choice of lighting effect/color to the centerpiece of your setup.
  • Six dedicated macro keys to give quick access to certain functions such as launching applications, executing spell combos, streaming commands (via Elgato Stream Deck software), etc.
  • On-the-fly macro recording for custom macros that can be saved directly to the keyboard and assigned to one of the six dedicated macro keys.
  • IP42-rated with its dust and spill-resistant design to stand against the test of time and accidents.

Click the following for more information: K55 RGB PRO, K55 RGB PRO XT. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What's the difference between the PRO and PRO XT?

A: The PRO has five-zone RGB backlighting, while the PRO XT has per-key RGB lighting. Another difference is that the PRO XT features iCUE gaming integration.

Q: Is the palm rest clip-in or magnetic?

A: The palm rest is mechanically attached by clip-in.

Q: What are the keys for selective rollover?

A: The 4 arrow keys, Q, W, E, A, S, D, Z, and C. These keys were selected to support our FPS/MOBA players.

2013529261_Image2.jpg.2bd8d7e60483ce78700342adea49ed0a.jpg
Shown: K55 RGB PRO

Let us know if you guys have any questions or thoughts!

• Corsair Employee
Definitely interested in the K55 PRO XT. Hopefully the clips for the palm rest are a little more robust than the one I own.

What keyboard do you have at the moment?

I'd definately go for the Pro XT model.... and couple that with an M65 RGB Elite mouse (couple also in coloru: black+black... disappointed that there's a M65E white and grey mouse and not a K55 Pro XT white and grey keyboard).

That's an awesome duo! It would also definitely be cool to see a white/gray duo. We're always listening to feedback.

Hi,

Just received the K55 Pro XT today, and I really like it!

Well, my previous keyboard was the K55 and the Pro XT is a really good upgrade ! Love the RGB, love the silence, I really highly recommand it ^^

Just a little issue, I don't know why but when I select the Audio Vizualizer to synchronize it does not work... I don't understand why! Any clue maybe?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hi,

Just received the K55 Pro XT today, and I really like it!

Well, my previous keyboard was the K55 and the Pro XT is a really good upgrade ! Love the RGB, love the silence, I really highly recommand it ^^

Just a little issue, I don't know why but when I select the Audio Vizualizer to synchronize it does not work... I don't understand why! Any clue maybe?

Thanks!

What version of iCUE are you running?

Just got mine today, K55 rgb pro xt and no version of iCUE can see it, despite there being references of it in the debug logs.

Ideas?

I'm assuming you've already tried with iCUE 4.xx, are you connecting to a direct USB port or via a hub/dock?

I received the K55 RGB PRO yesterday. I already had iCUE 3.38.61 installed when I plugged the kb into the USB port. After trying all sorts of suggestions about holding pg up and pg down keys, FN F4, trying different USB ports (back of computer, top of computer)... I could not get iCUE to recognize this new keyboard.

Then saw a post somewhere about uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling it. When I went to download it I noticed a more recent version (4.xx.xx) available and used that one. After that install, it DID recognize the K55 RGP PRO keyboard..... BUT most of the iCUE dashboard, etc. was OFF SCREEN. I could not see much of anything with 1080p resolution and cannot scroll either. It was a terrible interface experience so I had to uninstall it as I could not get anything to work.

So far the only thing I've been able to do is record and play back a basic kb hardware macro. No luck with iCUE. :(

I also re-installed the 3.38.61 ver. of iCUE and it still does not recognize it. I purchased the kb from Best Buy, hope it is not too late to upgrade it.. if that is what it takes. After seeing a good number of post (here and elsewhere) about iCUE not recognizing the K55 RGB PRO, I am doubtful it will ever work with it.

Edited by RobbieQ

• Corsair Employee
I received the K55 RGB PRO yesterday. I already had iCUE 3.38.61 installed when I plugged the kb into the USB port. After trying all sorts of suggestions about holding pg up and pg down keys, FN F4, trying different USB ports (back of computer, top of computer)... I could not get iCUE to recognize this new keyboard.

Then saw a post somewhere about uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling it. When I went to download it I noticed a more recent version (4.xx.xx) available and used that one. After that install, it DID recognize the K55 RGP PRO keyboard..... BUT most of the iCUE dashboard, etc. was OFF SCREEN. I could not see much of anything with 1080p resolution and cannot scroll either. It was a terrible interface experience so I had to uninstall it as I could not get anything to work.

So far the only thing I've been able to do is record and play back a basic kb hardware macro. No luck with iCUE. :(

I also re-installed the 3.38.61 ver. of iCUE and it still does not recognize it. I purchased the kb from Best Buy, hope it is not too late to upgrade it.. if that is what it takes. After seeing a good number of post (here and elsewhere) about iCUE not recognizing the K55 RGB PRO, I am doubtful it will ever work with it.

We're continuously making optimizations to iCUE 4 to help address issues. Our K55 RGB PRO (XT) users will need iCUE 4 for customization.

Hello everyone, glad to be a part of the team :)

I'm fresh new here so I strongly apologize if it's not the best place to ask for help.

I have a big problem, I used to be playing Warzone on ps4 with a controler since the game was released. The more I watched streamers playing on PC and stronger was my willing to switch to mouse and keyboard.

That's why last week I bought a keyboard K55 RGB PRO and a mouse PICTEK RGB T16. These both are wired. When I plug them, my ps4 recognizes both of them (the LED work perfectly well) but I can't move inside the ps4 menus even if my controler is off.

If I launch Warzone the mouse works perfectly (I can see the cursor of my mouse like I was on a laptop) and if I start a game I can move the camera, aim, shoot.... Anyway, the mouse responds normally unlike my keyboard where only a few keys (like R-CTRL, L-CTRL, ALT,....) respond. NONE of the letters nor the numbers respond. I can't lock the number either.

I've been searching for hours and hours and I have already tried to reset my keyboard or else (ECHAP, FN + F4, F1 + WINDOWS) and nothing worked.

I read about switching to BIOS to be able to play on a ps4 but F1 + Windows does not seem to work for me. The only answers I found on the internet are for the K55 and not the PRO.

Some of my friends are playing on their ps4 with mouse and keyboard without any of these matters.

I hope someone else has a solution I haven't tested yet.

Thanks a lot for those who took some of their time to read me and please, do not hesitate if you think you may help....

Edit : I have already tested my keyboard on my laptop and every single key responded.

Sincerely

Flo

Edited by Shinigami57
I forgot something about testing my keyboard

• 4 weeks later...

CORSAIR K55 RGB PRO XT

Offers almost all the same of the K100 except mechanical switches at a much better price point. Canadian pricing btw

Price: $89.99

https://www.amazon.ca/CORSAIR-K55-RGB-Key-Spill-Resistant/dp/B08Y2QQWL1?th=1

compared to the absurd 309$ CAD price of the K100.

The only thing I hate is how corsair wants you to pay like a 200+ price premium to have mechanical switches...I hate to break it to you folks but making these a choice of mechanical mx switches would not cost an extra $200+

CORSAIR K55 RGB PRO

Very much like the XT version but zone lighting.....sigh What are we back in 2015? Corsair if you take yourself seriously you need to drop the zone lighting used by $30/$40 CAD keyboard mice combo deal on amazon.ca.......

For this price point sure membrane only BUT drop the stupid zone lighting and make argb per key and show you are taking your customers seriously....

Price: $79.99 CAD

https://www.amazon.ca/CORSAIR-K55-RGB-PRO-Backlighting/dp/B08Y681W3X/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=CORSAIR+K55+RGB+PRO&qid=1623135355&s=electronics&sr=1-1

At this price point you can get some really decent redragon combo deals for membrane AND mechanical keyboard/mice......your corsair k55 pro should be a no brainer if you offered the pro like 10 or 15 bucks cheaper membrane only BUT argb per key via icue....

For the k55 pro xt the price point is fine but only if you offered hot swappable mechanical switches...

....both K55 versions without a mouse to go with it ofc...this way you beat the competition by offering a comparable product quality wise except beating the competition hands down due to no zone lighting and instead per key argb that works with icue at the cost of no mouse with it and a "slightly" higher price point.

Redragon membrane keyboard mice deal some even come with a mouse pad 49$ to 54$ CAD

https://www.amazon.ca/stores/page/50993232-9E7A-4C2A-B504-C903C0DF28A2?ingress=0&visitId=1b01ca02-be39-4b00-b855-7cc27e1dd1c2

As for their mechanical keyboard they start at $46 CAD........

Edited by Fillmore Graves

• 4 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:29 AM, RobbieQ said:

So far the only thing I've been able to do is record and play back a basic kb hardware macro. No luck with iCUE. 😞

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem. I have iCUE 3.38.61. When I click "Check For Update" it ways "You are using the latest version of the application." I'm typing on the keyboard now (so it's connected and recognized by the OS). And I did record a macro in hardware mode.

I have restarted the services, killed processes and restarted my HP i7-7500 laptop (Intel HD Graphics 620).

235798965_Screenshot2021-10-08093940.thumb.png.26f97fe1f7336fe5c0d34e068fc01e21.png

• 1 year later...

good morning. Check I have a k55 rgb keyboard and I would like to change keys and if you could guide me which ones are compatible with the keyboard. I was looking at PBT Double-Shot PRO but I don't know if they will be compatible. If you could help me. Thank you very much for your time.