Corsair Community

K100 Macro setup Copy and Paste

Good afternoon everyone,

I apologize if this has been covered but I could not find a good answer using the search feature.

I've recently purchased a K100 and I'm completely new to fancy keyboards.

I've been able to set up profiles, lighting schemes, and basic text key assignments. I Understand the difference between hardware settings and regular assignments, how to import/export profiles, and add profiles to devices.

However, I'm a bit confused on the actions I need to take to accomplish my goal.

Attempt method 1:

I would like to set G1 to perform the basic windows copy function. CTRL + C.

I've attempted to do this with a straight macro assigned to G1.

Macro:

LCTRL pressed

C Pressed

LCTRL Released

C Released

I assigned a basic sound and lighting effect so I can verify the button press is doing something. The sound plays and the lights move. However, the highlighted text does not get added to the windows clipboard.

Attempt Method 2:

Remap keys; less confident this is what I need to do but this does not work either.

G2 set to Remap Keystroke

Typed keys CTRL+C

Nothing is added to the windows clipboard when G2 is pressed.

Is there another way to accomplish this or am I forever stuck pressing CTRL + C myself?

• Corsair Employees

Hi Deralict,

It's hard to say exactly without seeing a screenshot from iCUE directly. I was able to make this macro myself, binding it to the "End" key on my keyboard, highlighting text, then pressing "End" to copy it, then I was able to "Paste" that highlighted text.

Go ahead and create a ticket with Support using the link at the top of this page, and include screenshots of your keybinds for the Tech Support team to review. Please do link this forum post to your ticket as well.

Thank you.

I also had problems getting macros to work reliably. And even when they worked, I was unhappy with the implementation, especially of the on-the-fly macros that you program directly on the keyboard using the wheel. They're unnecessarily fiddly to set up, and you're stuck with playback delay unless you go into the program to switch it off.

The K99's macros seem designed for pre-planned macros that you carefully set once, not for quick ones that you might change 20 times a day to quickly automate random repetitive tasks that come up.

My previous Logitech keyboard had these down pat, but no one at Corsair seems to have considered this type of use-case. I've ended up having to code my own software tool to fix this feature gap (utilising the SuperMacro plugin in my Streamdeck).

Anyway, sorry about that tangent. Here are a few thoughts that might be of help:

Try the free tool Keystates Viewer by NIRsoft. It displays all pressed keys, and may help you better see what/if your Ctrl-C keys are actually being pressed.

Try using the Elgato Streamdeck software. I think it should probably work with your keyboard even if you don't have a Stream Deck. It gives you a different method of controlling the K100's G keys. Use the built-in Stream Deck hotkey actions, or get the BarRaider SuperMacro plugin if you need more complexity. Good luck.

• Corsair Employees
Good afternoon everyone,

I apologize if this has been covered but I could not find a good answer using the search feature.

I've recently purchased a K100 and I'm completely new to fancy keyboards.

I've been able to set up profiles, lighting schemes, and basic text key assignments. I Understand the difference between hardware settings and regular assignments, how to import/export profiles, and add profiles to devices.

However, I'm a bit confused on the actions I need to take to accomplish my goal.

Attempt method 1:

I would like to set G1 to perform the basic windows copy function. CTRL + C.

I've attempted to do this with a straight macro assigned to G1.

Macro:

LCTRL pressed

C Pressed

LCTRL Released

C Released

I assigned a basic sound and lighting effect so I can verify the button press is doing something. The sound plays and the lights move. However, the highlighted text does not get added to the windows clipboard.

Attempt Method 2:

Remap keys; less confident this is what I need to do but this does not work either.

Typed keys CTRL+C

Nothing is added to the windows clipboard when G2 is pressed.

Is there another way to accomplish this or am I forever stuck pressing CTRL + C myself?

I was able to get this to work by recording a custom macro and deleting the delays as you can see in the screenshot attached to this post. Should be pretty straight forward if you refer to the screenshot.

Copy-Paste-Macro.thumb.png.afde3f901b850e53352949ac145a10ad.png

Typed keys CTRL+C

This should work as well and I was able to set it up and use it to copy the clip above. If this is not working, you might run a repair install of CUE from the Windows Apps list. Find Corsair iCUE and select "modify". This often cleans up unexplained glitches or macro errors.