Corsair Community

Corsair XD3 pump don't recognize iCUE rpm's

d_funk

Hello, I've recently added new water cooled system to my PC and my XD3 pump wont react to any rpm changes even if my Cpu temp or Gpu temp goes up to 70C it still won't spin. I've connected the pump connector and did set it to 4-pin in the settings and it is connected to the corsair hub fan #6 socket, when pump is disconnected from the hub it works fine, I'm running the latest v4.9.350 iCUE software, please help. Screens of my settings attached below:

CodingSettings.thumb.png.89eddc9187c6cb0673994ac9e8ad8b59.png

detectedList.thumb.png.e2bdf79b21c25780b06f09c57952be30.png

897395841_PumpRPM.thumb.png.f1057e435c4b6802a4f2fa33a18d88ba.png

Edited by d_funk

• Corsair Employees

The XD3 comes with a coolant temperature sensor that we strongly recommend you use in your reservoir and attach to the commander PRO.

Please follow this tutorial: [ame]

[/ame] to correctly install your pump and temperature sensor

And then this for iCUE 4 [ame]

[/ame]

Note - the coolant temperature sensor MUST be inserted into both the reservoir and the commander temp 1 port for the profiles to work.

And the same for your radiator fans. Their job is to reduce the coolant temperature and that should be their control variable in any custom curve. You will want to get off those Quiet/Balanced/Extreme presets on the Commander immediately. You can use the shape tools in the upper right corner of the graph as a starting point for coolant temp control, but ultimately room/case temp plays a heavy hand and you may only see a 4-6C increase in coolant temperature. That also means a large fan response is not required for CPU cooling.