Corsair Community

iCue 4: MSI motherboard integration?

Parmenedes

So I keep seeing this phrase thrown around on forums, usually because it's causing problems of one form or another: "MSI motherboard integration".

What I have not been able to find anywhere is what exactly this even means. I have not yet installed iCue 4 because there appear to be enough problems with it that I'd prefer to wait a little while until these get sorted out a bit more, but I'd like to know what "MSI motherboard integration means". I have an MSI z490 meg ace, and I've always wished that iCue would allow me to control its lighting, since as we all know, MSI's software (dragon center) is a dumpster fire, and I'm not taking the risk of ever letting that software onto my pc.

So I'm hoping that (even though it appears to be causing some issues), MSI motherboard integration has something to do with controlling RGB on MSI motherboards, and maybe even ARGB devices connected to them.

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case? If not, what exactly is feature intended to do?

Its the same as the Asus RGB integration in iCUE. You will be able to control the RGB LEDs on your physical motherboard along with with the boards 12v RGB headers.

Thanks for the answer. I notice you don't mention the 5v headers. Does that mean that we won't be able to control the 5v headers with icue 4?

Could you please explain how I actually control MSI Motherboard RGB with iCue4? I don't see an option anywhere in iCue4 to adjust the lighting on my MSI z490 Meg Ace, which was most of the reason I installed it in the first place. It's also giving me some major lighting issues with 7 of my fans connected to CoCo's, which I posted in the megathread, which was something I was worried about happening and am hoping to get resolved there, so I'm hoping that it is in fact possible to control MSI motherboard lighting with iCue 4. Edited by Parmenedes