Corsair Community

Corsair CX-F RGB Series problem

I recently built a new corsair system with a Corsair CX-F RGB Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze Fully Modular as my choice of power supply but for the life of me i cannot seem to get control of the RGB lighting unless i use the pre set button on the back, i have tried connecting the cable to my motherboard, into the commander core pro and the rgb node that comes with my crystal series 680x

has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a work around that i could use

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

You will need to utilize the ARGB adapter that comes with the PSU to plug it into a motherboard header, or plug it into the LED 1/2 channels on a Lighting Node Pro, or Commander Pro. It will not work when you plug it into a Commander Core, or Lighting Node Core.

Once you plug it into a compatible iCUE controller you then need to setup the appropriate LED channel for that PSU. If you used the adapter and plugged it into the motherboard header you will need to utilize that motherboard's RGB software.

You will need to utilize the ARGB adapter that comes with the PSU to plug it into a motherboard header, or plug it into the LED 1/2 channels on a Lighting Node Pro, or Commander Pro. It will not work when you plug it into a Commander Core, or Lighting Node Core.

Once you plug it into a compatible iCUE controller you then need to setup the appropriate LED channel for that PSU. If you used the adapter and plugged it into the motherboard header you will need to utilize that motherboard's RGB software.

I own a CX550F RGB psu, and have found that it has a 4 pin rgb cable that NOT fits into the Commander Pro i have bought for my Corsair-style system.

I've found that i need a RGB HUB and connect there the 4pin from psu, then attach the rgb hub to the CMPro. And that's it... i will control with icue software.

PS: i have to go trhough that, not the mobo rgb headers...

PPS: just found that the PSU fan is SP type... so if you select (in iCue) CX-F RGB pus, then SP RGB PRO/ELITE series and then the number of fan.... you're doing righ in controlling and syncing.

Edited by MikeRGB74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi ,

I had similar problem with CX-F RGB Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze Fully Modular . I try a lot with different compos and connectors with no luck. The most strange to all of this thinks is that unplugged the RGB cable by the PSU doesn't work the button behind the PSU. It keep at this white light and the button didn't respond.  Have any of you face this problem? If I get the proper Compo( please could you be more analytic with that what connect where etc.) should work????  But before got all the combo connectors How can I enable again the button to change this strange white light ....

• 1 month later...

Bought my CX550F and installed it today I get no lights at all from the fan does it mean the LEDs are dead?