Corsair Community

Am I the only one that finds those side thumb buttons incredibly annoying?

I used it on Linux a while ago, so I couldn't easily reconfigure them either (no iCUE for Linux). I constantly pressed them when I didn't mean to. So I ended up prying them out with a flat-iron screwdriver! Instant improved mouse! And I've been using it lilke that for the past few months now btw, and still I still mean that.

I sometimes accidentally press the top DPI button as well, but not nearly as much. And I've learned to quickly go back to the old setting I had anyway. Plus, that function is actually useful at times.

(Then there are the nightmare thumb-keypad mouses? What are they thinking? Lol!)

Just wondering :sillygrin

Well you must have a constantly changing mouse grip to hit those ^^

But i agree those MMO mice are an invention of the devil. normal humans have a thumb that can't hit a button that's 4mm across without hitting 3 or 4 buttons in the vicinity.. really reserved for 12 years old nerds :p

To add the my OP, I don't have big hands either. So it's not that I hit those buttons because of that. It's not like I'm out to change the mouse industry (as if), but when I see a mouse with thumb buttons, well that is not a plus for me. That's a con. Edited by Technobeard

• Corsair Employees
If you are constantly gripping and picking up the mouse with your thumb on those buttons you will risk hitting those buttons. This isn't an issue with the mouse but is going to be due to how you are gripping and picking it up and how much force you are using.

If you are constantly gripping and picking up the mouse with your thumb on those buttons you will risk hitting those buttons. This isn't an issue with the mouse but is going to be due to how you are gripping and picking it up and how much force you are using.

I'd say it's a bit of both (mouse and how I use it). I do adjust the mouse often I guess, by lifting it in the palm with the thumb and pinky fingers. I try not to press them ofc, but it often happens (happened) anyway. Not much force is needed to press them either.

I was eventually fed up with it and as said pried those buttons out, so problem solved :)

But thanks for replying!

EDIT: Anyway, the point of this thread was just to see if there were others thinking the same. Or - maybe it is just me :P

Edited by CoilWinder