Corsair Community

What RAM to upgrade with for my i7200 ordered?

I just placed an order for the i7200 with the 3070 & i7 11700 and 16GB of RAM. When I go to Corsairs site to look at the VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz Memory Kit — Black it has two available choices CL16 & CL14. I was going to order the RAM so it would be here to install when my computer arrives. Does anyone know which (CL-16 or CL-14) the pre-built CORSAIR VENGEANCE i7200 Series Gaming PC CS-9050013-NA?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

I just placed an order for a CS-9050009-NA which is an AMD 5800X with a RTX 3070 GPU and 16gb of DDR 3200 Ram.  Microsoft strongly recommends 32GB of ram for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) although most other games don't need that much ram, MS says MSFS _DOES_.  Darned if I can figure out which Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram Kit to order and I surmise 2 sticks of 16GB each is 'better' for AMD cpu 5800X (B550-A PRO MSI Motherboard) than 4 sticks as AMD is more sensitive (?).  If someone at Corsair could please tell me the specific ram kit to order to give me 32gb that would be a huge help indeed.  I will put the standard 16gb 2-sticks in storage in case of warranty issues.  Since my system ships with DDR 3200 enabled, I surmise I shouldn't have to alter any settings in the bios once the new larger ram kit is recognized at boot time?

My other question is about AMD PBO (automatic overclock) - is that enabled in the systems "as shipped" or must I do something in the Bios to enable it?  Naturally while flying the sim, I would want the cpu to run at max safe speed without burning up the PC.

I would have liked a 3080 GPU but the price was so much higher I could not justify.  I will run this at 1440p instead of 4K and hopefully I can fly on 'ultra' settings and get 'decent' fps.  

Any advice from Corsair staff would be very helpful.  I will not order the ram kit until I know what is compatible with my specific system.  I only wish Corsair would allow buyers to kick the ram up to 32 when placing the order.  Sadly I would have to buy a much more expensive A7200 model to get 3200GB and I would then have to opt for the 3080Ti card which runs 100 watts TDP higher than the 3070 if I remember right.  That's a huge difference in room heat, and honestly a 260mm AIO doesn't seem ideal.

Origin offers dual 360mm radiator builds but with a custom cooling loop you are talking about double the price point of this system and again I cannot justify the cost.  Love the 7000D Airflow case though!  BEAST! 

Here's my build:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-VENGEANCE-Series-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9050009-NA

Edited by Captain America