Corsair Community

Why so much memory used

stevvie

Can anybody suggest a way of stopping Icue services eating up more than a GIG of memory. This is just ridiculous, a few years back this was a problem becuase of some JPG's in the corsair folder, Seriously this is 2021 and my Icue can use from 1-5% of my 8700k CPU and more than a gig of memory. I only have a K95 RGB and that seen way to excessive for just a glorified keyboard driver. This is the same if I have my K95 plugged in or using a cheapo usb keyboard for testing. Running software CORSAIR iCUE v3.38.61. Corsair1.jpg

I would say that's out of the zone. I see a measly 25MB on the service with 12 devices connected. Go to Windows Apps and click on Corsair iCUE "modify" to run a repair install. See if that cleans it up. If not and you are only using a KB, I would contact Corsair Support. Possible problems include other RGB programs getting intertwined or other monitoring programs like AIDA or HWiNFO do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't use other RGB programs as I'm not a fan of RGB (Only use this as I was an early adopter of the K95 RGB for the great mechanical keyboard and macros), AIDA or HWiNFO. Kinda glad I'm not alone. I think that most people just install it and never see the amount used. I mean it's not a huge problem with 32gb installed but just think if all programs were as lazy as this one. Edited by stevvie