Corsair Community

H150i Elite Fan Issue with iCue Software (HELP)

GlockKid457

Hello everybody,

I'm dealing with a small issue in my brand new build. I have an H150i Elite CPU AIO (in addition to RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, and other Peripherals) running on the iCue software.

The issue is that the middle fan on the radiator has stopped being detected by the iCue software and will not spin. The LED's on it work fine and update with the iCue lighting controls, but when I switch to the performance tab, the fan just isn't there. My build is just two days old and the fan was operating normally up until today and it did show up in iCue as excepted. Now, only the LED controls for the fan show up in the H150's LED control tab.

I read some posts I found on here of slightly similar issue, many people claimed this was a hardware issue with the fan or the controller. However, If I disable iCue, the fan starts right back up again. Furthermore, if I enable "limit software control" under the settings menu for the H150, the fan runs normally again.

Given that even without the middle fan running, the H150 cools my 10900K just fine. And that I can get it working simply by enabling the limited software control option.

As mentioned earlier, I've had this rig up and running for 3 days and this issue seemed to come out of nowhere today after a restart.

This is not a huge issue for me at the moment. However, with the price I paid for the H150 (along with rest of my corsair products) I would very much like if it worked as intended.

So I'm not entirely sure what I did that fixed it but I did the following two things right after I made my initial post.

First off I noticed that iCue had picked up my ASUS motherboard and it was now able to control the LED's for it. That wasn't there before I restarted my computer and it showed up at the same exact time my fan issue started. I went to settings and turned off plugins and then restarted iCue.

After this the fan still would not run so I forced a firmware update and it fixed it. Fan shows up and I have full control again.

Something may have just gone wrong with the fan and it needed a hard reset to fix it, or maybe my ASUS motherboard didn't play nice and caused some sort of issue. Not sure. Either way it is fixed and I'm happy! Hopefully this can help someone else.

Most likely the firmware flash reset the fan controller for that specific port. The RGB and PWM are separate and even if misbehaving, lighting should not affect the speed control. Typically this is a rare event, but if it becomes a repeating issue you should contact support rather than force the firmware update on a regular basis. Specifically with the Commander Core, it sometimes needs a power cycle if one of the PWM controlled fans drops out. The firmware flash likely does this as part of the process, but a full shutdown and PSU switch flip for 10-15 seconds might also accomplish the same thing.