Corsair Community

Numlock rapidly blinking and typing symbos if backlight is turned on.

Hello, good day!

I recently got the backside of my Corsair Strafe (non-RGB, Cherry MX Red) wet by coffee. After unplugging and wiping it down, I noticed that the keyboard is going haywire when the backlight is above 2nd level of brightness, with the numlock rapidly going on and off and typing symbols automatically, but is normal if I have the backlight off or on 1st level of brightness.

I am wondering if there's a possible fix or identify what might be the problem for this? The fixes that I did are going into BIOS mode (and back), and resetting the keyboard via unplugging it, hold ESC, plug it, unhold ESC.

I've uploaded a video for you to see [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_wwoow3ecg]here.[/ame]

UPDATE: After some testing, pressing the "-" button on the numpad side (right side of keyboard) does multiple keystrokes of (**-*-*-) when the Backlight is on the 2nd level of brightness.

UPDATE 2: I exited iCUE, the automatic pressing of symbols are now gone even at max brightness, but the "-" button pressing multiple keystrokes still persists on 3rd level brightness and higher.

Edited by Kvin18

• Corsair Employees
Hello, good day!

I recently got the backside of my Corsair Strafe (non-RGB, Cherry MX Red) wet by coffee. After unplugging and wiping it down, I noticed that the keyboard is going haywire when the backlight is above 2nd level of brightness, with the numlock rapidly going on and off and typing symbols automatically, but is normal if I have the backlight off or on 1st level of brightness.

I am wondering if there's a possible fix or identify what might be the problem for this? The fixes that I did are going into BIOS mode (and back), and resetting the keyboard via unplugging it, hold ESC, plug it, unhold ESC.

I've uploaded a video for you to see

UPDATE: After some testing, pressing the "-" button on the numpad side (right side of keyboard) does multiple keystrokes of (**-*-*-) when the Backlight is on the 2nd level of brightness.

UPDATE 2: I exited iCUE, the automatic pressing of symbols are now gone even at max brightness, but the "-" button pressing multiple keystrokes still persists on 3rd level brightness and higher.

Unfortunately you appear to have shorted the keyboard by spilling the coffee on it. No amount of troubleshooting the software or connection will resolve this issue.