Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

On 8/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, Kaedekurosawa said:

This is completely and utterly unfair. I've had my H80i V2 for all of 2 years and it works perfectly fine. I need to know what my pump speeds and fan are set to so my CPU doesn't get fried if it stops working. I even tried going back to iCue 3 and with that I can't use my mice. You literally locked me out of my devices with a firmware update and no way to go back. This is ridiculous. I can't afford to just up and get a new 200 dollar AIO right now. Do you guys not see the condition the working class is in due to Covid? We're struggling to pay our bills at this point. Some of us lost our jobs. This is not the time to start making people "upgrade" to "newer" products when the "older" ones work perfectly fine and in some cases, even work better (case with the Void headsets) Please, Corsair, for the love of god, fix your stuff. At least allow us to go back to iCue 3 and not have to worry about some of our products like the Ironclaw or the Dark Core SE not showing up. This is completely unfair...

You are right buddy. What Corsair has done is unforgivable in my opinion. Luckily, there is an alternative to control and monitor your H80i V2 AIO. Read on if you are interested.

SIV is a free system monitoring program, similar to HIWNFO, though perhaps even more extensive. The author of SIV got so fed up with Corsair Link that he reverse engineered the control protocols and added support for Link products to SIV. I gave up on Link and iCue years ago and have been using SIV to control my H110i AIO, and my Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pros. Works great. I only use iCue if a Corsair device needs a firmware update.

When Corsair rolled out iCue, it was so bad he just gave up on Corsair all together, so he has not added support for some of the newer Corsair products (like Capellix AIO). He is willing to add new devices, but needs one in hand to do so. He refuses to give Corsair any money, so people sometimes pitch in to buy a unit and send it to him to figure out and add. I know he recently added support for the Commander Core and Lighting Node Core.

SIV has a bit of a learning curve but once you get it set up, it works great, uses very little CPU, and is rock stable. It can also do some things that iCue can't like aggregate multiple temp sensors together into a "synthetic" temp that can be used for fan speed control. Monitoring and controlling Corsair products is by no means the main intent of SIV. It is a VERY extensive system monitoring program that just happens to be able to control most of the older Corsair Link/iCue enabled products. It also lets you set up really nice looking monitor panels. I attached a screen shot of my SIV panels for my Intel i7-8700K machine, and the main SIV panel (there are MANY more). You can see the data reported by the Commander Pro mid-way down in the fist and second tables.

If you want to try SIV, here are links to the SIV site and support forum. SIV Site SIV Forum. Corsair may not like this post, but I would NEVER buy a Corsair iCue product if SIV can't control it. When I started on my Ryzen build, the ground rules were NO Aura, NO Armoury Crate, and NO iCue. Based on what Corsair has done to iCue users, I am very glad I stuck to those rules.

Good luck!

1065190885_2021-0827S5SIVPanelsC.png.b35cdbf38002b0e8bf6e93d40067c3c7.png

654493608_2021-0827SIVMainPanel.thumb.png.df4947e8f0af2e7d24d00105f913c02b.png

• Corsair Employees
On 8/24/2021 at 7:34 PM, Kaedekurosawa said:

This is completely and utterly unfair. I've had my H80i V2 for all of 2 years and it works perfectly fine. I need to know what my pump speeds and fan are set to so my CPU doesn't get fried if it stops working. I even tried going back to iCue 3 and with that I can't use my mice. You literally locked me out of my devices with a firmware update and no way to go back. This is ridiculous. I can't afford to just up and get a new 200 dollar AIO right now. Do you guys not see the condition the working class is in due to Covid? We're struggling to pay our bills at this point. Some of us lost our jobs. This is not the time to start making people "upgrade" to "newer" products when the "older" ones work perfectly fine and in some cases, even work better (case with the Void headsets) Please, Corsair, for the love of god, fix your stuff. At least allow us to go back to iCue 3 and not have to worry about some of our products like the Ironclaw or the Dark Core SE not showing up. This is completely unfair...

Hi Kaedekurosawa, we're really sorry to hear about your situation. If you haven't reached out to our support team yet, please submit a ticket and PM me your ticket number so I can ask for extra eyes on it for you!

support.corsair.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 8:59 PM, ChiefChavez said:

Seriously corsair thank you so much for this icue software update. Now my pc has a dark water block that has fans blazing at high speed all the time. Genius work guys. Some of you might say "just roll back to the last stable icue version", well I have and now my ironclaw rgb mouse doesn't show up. Why? Because the new icue version updated the firmware to both mouse and dongle and now it won't show up in the previous version. Better yet it doesn't have any of my macros. The whole reason I bought this mouse with 800 buttons is because I love me some macros. Never purchasing your garbage again.

You brought back the H110i. Thank you. I will continue to support your products.

• Corsair Employees

Hi everyone,

We’ve been listening to everyone’s feedback and in the latest version of iCUE we have reimplemented support for some of our coolers. The following coolers should be detected again in iCUE version 4.15.153:

H100i V2

H100i GTX

H80i V2

H80i GT

H115i

H110i GTX

We’ll continue to collect further feedback from everybody so that we can continue to improve iCUE and your experience. Thank you!

OhOh...

So back to the time there are two cooler options to me.... H100i GTX and H110i GT, and I chose H110GT for its better cooling.

So I have made a wrong decision... H110i GTX support is added back to iCue4 and H110i GT is kicked out.

As the two coolers are available to the market at the same time, it is unfair for you to save one and kill another one.... 

On 9/22/2021 at 9:12 PM, Theplum said:

OhOh...

So back to the time there are two cooler options to me.... H100i GTX and H110i GT, and I chose H110GT for its better cooling.

So I have made a wrong decision... H110i GTX support is added back to iCue4 and H110i GT is kicked out.

As the two coolers are available to the market at the same time, it is unfair for you to save one and kill another one.... 

I am pretty sure that the H100i GT uses a CoolIt pump and the H100i GTX uses an Asetek pump. This is probably why they added support back in for the GTX version but not the GT version. In fact, every model they added back in uses an Asetek pump. Their Capellix pumps are Gen-6 Asetek pumps so iCue 4x must be able to communicate with Asetek pumps but not CoolIt pumps. As I recall, the CoolIt pumps were superior, had better firmware, and a built in 2-port fan controller. I have 2 H110i (no GT or GTX) and they are CoolIt pumps. Here is a list of which models use which pumps.

CoolIt Pump - H80, H80i, H100, H100i, H110i, H110i GT

Asetek Pump - H80i GT, H80i V2, H100i GTX, H100i V2, H110i GTX, H115i, Capellix (Gen-6)

I suspect that Corsair changed to Asetek pumps because Asetek has a patent on the pump being mounted on the CPU block and basically forced CoolIt out of the market. 

Here are some links that discuss the differences between CoolIt and Asetek pumps. The CoolIt pumps have several advantages.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/1809-asetek-vs-coolit-liquid-cooling-market-shrinks

On 9/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, SpeedyV said:

I am pretty sure that the H100i GT uses a CoolIt pump and the H100i GTX uses an Asetek pump. This is probably why they added support back in for the GTX version but not the GT version. In fact, every model they added back in uses an Asetek pump. Their Capellix pumps are Gen-6 Asetek pumps so iCue 4x must be able to communicate with Asetek pumps but not CoolIt pumps. As I recall, the CoolIt pumps were superior, had better firmware, and a built in 2-port fan controller. I have 2 H110i (no GT or GTX) and they are CoolIt pumps. Here is a list of which models use which pumps.

CoolIt Pump - H80, H80i, H100, H100i, H110i, H110i GT

Asetek Pump - H80i GT, H80i V2, H100i GTX, H100i V2, H110i GTX, H115i, Capellix (Gen-6)

I suspect that Corsair changed to Asetek pumps because Asetek has a patent on the pump being mounted on the CPU block and basically forced CoolIt out of the market. 

Here are some links that discuss the differences between CoolIt and Asetek pumps. The CoolIt pumps have several advantages.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/1809-asetek-vs-coolit-liquid-cooling-market-shrinks

Hmm... so I have bought the GT and I feel I got played also... 😕
Any suggestion for 3rd party software to control the H110iGT?

On 10/2/2021 at 9:28 AM, Theplum said:

Yes. I use a program called SIV to control my Corsair H110i, a commander Pro and several lighting node pros. SIV can control your H100i GT, which has a CoolIt pump. I posted about SIV a few posts back in this thread. Here is a LINK. There are links to the SIV download site and the author's forum in my other post. Good luck!

• Like 1

I've a pair of Void Wireless Yellow DOLBY (2015 model), and as today the latest sfotware version is the iCUE 3.38.61.

Is this software version compadible with Windows 11?

On 10/2/2021 at 3:28 PM, Theplum said:

the latest version adds support for H110i and H110i GT 

7 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

the latest version adds support for H110i and H110i GT 

That's great news. I suspect ThePlum will be very happy to see this. The H110i and H110i GT are both CoolIt pumps. There must be something different between these 2 models and the H80, H80i, and H100 which are also CoolIt pumps but were never placed on the dropped support list.

Squeaky hinge gets the oil I guess! Nice to see Corsair listening to their customers. Kudos for this!

• Haha 1

See this good news at last!

Previously I can only use the outdated Link4,I will give the new software a try tomorrow 😁

On 10/9/2021 at 5:15 AM, SpeedyV said:

That's great news. I suspect ThePlum will be very happy to see this. The H110i and H110i GT are both CoolIt pumps. There must be something different between these 2 models and the H80, H80i, and H100 which are also CoolIt pumps but were never placed on the dropped support list.

Squeaky hinge gets the oil I guess! Nice to see Corsair listening to their customers. Kudos for this!

On 10/10/2021 at 11:13 PM, Theplum said:

See this good news at last!

Previously I can only use the outdated Link4,I will give the new software a try tomorrow 😁

Tried the new software installation. It does not work....

As you can see from the screenshots, the H110iGT works with Corsair Link 4.

After installing iCUE CL4 reports that the H110iGT is managed by iCUE, but actually iCUE sees nothing...

Result is the same even after I have uninstalled CL4 and leave only iCUE...

Having searched on the web and tried some of the methods (using other USB ports, etc.). None of them worked. The H110iGT simply works perfectly with CL4 in any cases...

Corsair.png

Corsair2.png

i wonder if installing icue with CL installed didn't make a mess. Have you tried uninstalling link THEN installing iCue4?

Wondering about that as well. As we got later into the CUE 3 cycle, we did start to see some Link to CUE transitional errors. I am not sure CUE 4 was intended to make that leap in the same way as CUE 3 was for that CUE2 and Link merger. 

Edited by c-attack

43 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

i wonder if installing icue with CL installed didn't make a mess. Have you tried uninstalling link THEN installing iCue4?

Tried it already. Unfortunately it does not work...