Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

Posted (edited)

To that guy that suggested that you can always go back to version 3.

Yes you can, but that is not how this problem should be solved!

Imagine that in a few months I am going to buy the, as of yet unreleased, Corsair HS95 headset. That headset will be added to the list of supported devices in iCue 4. But not in iCue 3.

So what do I do then? This will split the devices I have into 2 groups, those supported in iCue 3 and those supported in iCue 4. I would have to choose which products I want to be able to control. And what about the other products I have? Bad luck?

There are only 2 real solutions:

1. Continue development of version 3, at least for several more years. You don't have to add new functionality, just add support for new products as they are released. This overlap will provide a smooth upgrade path for customers to update their hardware over time and not get hit by the dilemma I described above.

2. If you do not want the burden of having to invest in the development of two separate versions, then add support for the EOL products to version 4. That would be the decent thing to do and the best solution overall.

But the choice you made here, it will just piss off loyal customers. Worse, it will actively prevent me from buying Corsair products in the future, because Corsair's software would not provide support for all the Corsair products I have.

So now I am left with a choice...

Either I continue with version 3, which will prevent me from buying Corsair products in the future, because I would not be able to control them.

Or, upgrade to version 4 and spend a lot of money replacing all the Corsair products I have with newer hardware, even thought they are all still working perfectly fine. What when iCue 5 is released? Will you kick me in the stomach again?

Guess which choice it is going to be.

Do you see how very very bad this decision actually is, and how it has much farther reaching consequences than just fasing out some EOL products?

Edited by aspegic
  • Like 1

I'm afraid you're all wasting your breath guys. When a tech company goes public, as Corsair did last year, customer relations become secondary to maximizing profits and pleasing shareholders. Sadly, as business managers are taught it is cheaper to acquire new customers through marketing than to satisfy existing customers.

aspegic is therefore the only one making a valid point when he writes

"I continue with version 3, which will prevent me from buying Corsair products in the future, because I would not be able to control them."

So I say, dear shareholders: Many existing customers are currently unable to buy new Corsair products simply because they would not be supported through the iCUE ecosystem alongside older hardware. As long as our old Corsair hardware is still functional we are forced to keep using iCUE 3 and are thus effectively barred from becoming repeat customers. As an inevitable result we have to replace hardware with that of other vendors and slowly phase out Corsair products as we slowly migrate to other ecosystems.

One can only hope that this will make a significant dent in overall profits so management will be forced to rethink some of its recent business decisions. I'm not holding my breath though.

bah... most bean counters don't even know what their own company makes ^^' they can't care less. a dollar is a dollar. I'm afraid the technical staff at Corsair is in the same boat you guys are.

Are you kidding me?

I just bought one H115i and you are saying to me that is not compatible?

I have a Scimitar too and is not compatible?

But you make compatibilty with HUE Philips, with Asus motherboard but not your products?

When a tech company goes public, as Corsair did last year, customer relations become secondary to maximizing profits and pleasing shareholders.

I didn't know that Corsair had gone public. Thanks for sharing that information.

But the irony, I just cannot get passed the irony of it all...

I have Corsair software installed on my PC, software written by Corsair, that is actvely blocking me from buying Corsair products in the future.

I mean, come on. If the shareholders can't see the irony in that, then I can only assume that they are visually impaired.

I just hope that someone from Corsair reads this and has the mental capacity to understand these implications and takes it upstairs. Because just us talking about it here, it may help to release some of the frustration, but it won't solve anything. Only Corsair can. But as you said, I'm not going to hold my breath.

This is madness.

I have a Corsair Hydro H100i v2 that doesn't appear in iCUE 4.

I tried to revert to iCUE 3 but now I can't see my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB anymore, probably because it has now a new firmware not recognized by iCUE 3.

Luckily I don't own anymore my Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile (reimbursed by amazon because of some random double key strokes) ...

I won't buy anymore software driven Corsair products, It has always been the weakest point of this brand.

I hope my mouse will die soon like the previous Harpoon I owned so I can be reimbursed again and then quit Corsair for good.

P.S : I also created this forum account just to express my feeling towards this decision to drop support for older products.

P.S² : Link 4 is still available for the old coolers

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees
This is madness.

I have a Corsair Hydro H100i v2 that doesn't appear in iCUE 4.

I tried to revert to iCUE 3 but now I can't see my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB anymore, probably because it has now a new firmware not recognized by iCUE 3.

Luckily I don't own anymore my Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile (reimbursed by amazon because of some random double key strokes) ...

I won't buy anymore software driven Corsair products, It has always been the weakest point of this brand.

I hope my mouse will die soon like the previous Harpoon I owned so I can be reimbursed again and then quit Corsair for good.

P.S : I also created this forum account just to express my feeling towards this decision to drop support for older products.

P.S² : Link 4 is still available for the old coolers

If you've updated your FW on the harpoon to the latest version, it will require iCUE 4. What you can do since you still would like to continue using iCUE 3.x to support your cooler, is reach out to our support team and request the firmware file and instructions to rol back your mouse firmware. You can reach our support team through the following link, and they will be able to provide you with the necessary files:

https://support.corsair.com/

• Corsair Employees
Are you kidding me?

I just bought one H115i and you are saying to me that is not compatible?

I have a Scimitar too and is not compatible?

But you make compatibilty with HUE Philips, with Asus motherboard but not your products?

Hi sghrperbr, not sure if you saw my previous post, but if you have purchased devices that are not supported in the new version of iCUE, please reach out to our support team.

If you're not sure, you can also provide me with the part number from the radiator and the tag near the USB connector of the mouse, and I'll be able to identify the products that way. The SCIMITAR should start with a CH- and the cooler with a CC-.

How about splitting the core drivers from ICUE. At least that way we could have hardware that works even if we don't have all the fancy bells and whistles. Both AMD and Nvidia do it with their graphics cards - you can choose driver only installs or get the full suite.

I can't comment for everyone else, but I buy Corsair products because I expect them to last a long time. I only want to replace them because *I* want to replace them (ie: something better has come along or they've worn out) not because they've been rendered useless by a software update.

Now I've just found out my mouse won't be supported on iCue anylonger for no reason at all.

I'd understand if they wouldn't give us the same features as newer models, but this just seems planned obsolecence- and that's it.

Hopefully Corsair will reconsider and do their best to continue supporting their products.

I would have appreciated some sort of warning that my Corsair product (H100i V2 liquid cooler) would not be supported by upgrading from iCue3 to iCue4.

As it stands, iCue saw fit to update itself without telling me it would no longer support the H100i v2 liquid cooler, which I had hitherto set to "maximum", so once the iCue software upgraded, I found I could no longer set the liquid cooler to 'quiet', as iCue no longer recognised it. My H100i v2 liquid fans were revving at a good 2000 rpm, equivalent to the noise of a chorus of helicopters descending like it was a reenactment of some Vietnam war movie.

Fortunately I found Corsair had installed "LINK 4" on my PC, so I was able to control the fan speed through there. Now it's church-mouse quiet, once more.

But yeah - bad form, Corsair. Bad form.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees
Now I've just found out my mouse won't be supported on iCue anylonger for no reason at all.

I'd understand if they wouldn't give us the same features as newer models, but this just seems planned obsolecence- and that's it.

Hopefully Corsair will reconsider and do their best to continue supporting their products.

Hey AndyMugu,

If your mouse isn't supported in the new version of iCUE, please contact our support team.

Have your part number handy for our Suppor team, you can find it on the little tag at the end of the USB cable.

first you un-support the original commander and leave it on corsair link, making me replace it with a commander pro and now you are unsupporting my h115i in corsair icue 4, this is my last straw with this company. I bought the LS100 and returned it, very dim and the software link between whats shown screen keeps breaking, cheap product with high margins. This whole sitaution just adds insult to injury, the icue drivers weren't that good to begin with and their solution seems to be to just not support products that aren't even that old, my decision at this point is just not to support this company.

I've been having troubled finding if this was answered anywhere previously but I have a Void Wireless Pro headset which according to your compatibility list should be fine with the v4 software. However, since installing the v4 version of icue the microphone in the headset seems to be on some permanent mute that is not being recognized by anything. When I reverted the software to v3 the mic functioned correctly. Anyone else experience this or have a fix? I've followed some instructions on a similar issue on a previous icue update of uninstalling the headset, then uninstalling icue, then reinstalling icue and plugging in the headset but still experiencing the block.

• Corsair Employees
I've been having troubled finding if this was answered anywhere previously but I have a Void Wireless Pro headset which according to your compatibility list should be fine with the v4 software. However, since installing the v4 version of icue the microphone in the headset seems to be on some permanent mute that is not being recognized by anything. When I reverted the software to v3 the mic functioned correctly. Anyone else experience this or have a fix? I've followed some instructions on a similar issue on a previous icue update of uninstalling the headset, then uninstalling icue, then reinstalling icue and plugging in the headset but still experiencing the block.

Hey JSam1982, sorry to hear about the stuck mute. After you update to iCUE 4, can you try holding down the mute button, it should perform a soft reset of the headset and help to get mute functioning again. If it's not, please feel free to reach out to our support team, we'd be happy to look further into the stuck mute issue with you.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 2 weeks later...

well, I have been using corsair products for years and even though everything is supported in iCUE 4 I'll likely be using openRGB and slowly moving away from corsair entirely.

I could give a list of the products I've bought, but it won't matter.

As a programmer, I understand it can be difficult to support "legacy" hardware, but this is just sad. You need to hire better programmers if they can't keep old devices compatible. No excuses.

I've had an error with iCUE since day 1 where it crashes on reboot, some memory leak error. Never been able to fix it. figured whatever it'll be fine, at least it works. Except the regular crashes of the software in the background.

I'm moving on to another company that cares for it's customers. sadly it's going to take quite a while as I just recently updated a bunch of stuff and don't feel like selling it all.

After experiencing this myself and seeing the lack of any real solutions I've finally dumped all my products. I really disliked Razer in the past but I ended up with a Razer mouse and today I just replaced my Headset with a new Razer wireless mouse. That was my last piece. I'm uninstalling iCue as I type this.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears but the way that you're trying to pull an Apple and force people into buying new hardware with a forced update that completely disables older hardware's usefulness (I couldn't even check the battery level on my corsair void) has ensured that I will never again use a corsair gaming product.

• Corsair Employees
well, I have been using corsair products for years and even though everything is supported in iCUE 4 I'll likely be using openRGB and slowly moving away from corsair entirely.

I could give a list of the products I've bought, but it won't matter.

As a programmer, I understand it can be difficult to support "legacy" hardware, but this is just sad. You need to hire better programmers if they can't keep old devices compatible. No excuses.

I've had an error with iCUE since day 1 where it crashes on reboot, some memory leak error. Never been able to fix it. figured whatever it'll be fine, at least it works. Except the regular crashes of the software in the background.

I'm moving on to another company that cares for it's customers. sadly it's going to take quite a while as I just recently updated a bunch of stuff and don't feel like selling it all.

Hey there, liftedplane, have you had a chance to reach out to our support team about the crashing? They would like to view your iCUE logs and try to see what could be causing the issue.

After experiencing this myself and seeing the lack of any real solutions I've finally dumped all my products. I really disliked Razer in the past but I ended up with a Razer mouse and today I just replaced my Headset with a new Razer wireless mouse. That was my last piece. I'm uninstalling iCue as I type this.

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears but the way that you're trying to pull an Apple and force people into buying new hardware with a forced update that completely disables older hardware's usefulness (I couldn't even check the battery level on my corsair void) has ensured that I will never again use a corsair gaming product.

Hey WarriorMan256, was there specific products that you were having issues with iCUE 4? I've mentioned it, but do reach out to our support team so we can look into the issue further.

Hey WarriorMan256, was there specific products that you were having issues with iCUE 4? I've mentioned it, but do reach out to our support team so we can look into the issue further.

Yeah, it's the corsair void RGB. It's old but it's what I have. It's too late. I will never again buy a Corsair product.

iCue 4 wouldn't even tell me the battery level of that headset. So.. I either guess on the battery life or I never buy a new product that needs version 4? NO THANKS.

I just wanted to chime in and say that this is absolutely terrible customer service. You can still reasonably buy the H100i v2 up until recently, certainly the past year or two--and you're telling folks it's a "legacy product"?

This is just really terrible customer service. Please let management know they need to fix this.

I was fortunate that none of mine were now unsupported. I bought a few things just over a year ago doing my first pc for a while. I didnt really know much about what i was buying. I would be fuming if any of them were now out of date. Id be very annoyed if anything i bought in the last 3 years was unsupported. Id probably expect longer support tbh

I have corsair void usb 2015, corsair k65 rgb rapidfire keyboard and corsair ironclaw rgb wireless mouse, but when I updated to icue 4, the void headset no longer working... then I reinstall icue 3 again, the ironclaw rgb mouse not detected anymore.... so, is there any way to make them all work at the same time? kindly pls help...

Hey AndyMugu,

If your mouse isn't supported in the new version of iCUE, please contact our support team.

Have your part number handy for our Suppor team, you can find it on the little tag at the end of the USB cable.

It's a SABRE RGB... I've done so let's see what comes of this.