Corsair Community

Setting Memory RGB on Sleep.

Nytehawk2002

I have multiple users that log onto my PC. I'd like for the memory to go to black (off) when the PC goes to sleep. It worked on my profile for the longest time, then my son logged into my machine and set up a color profile and now when the PC goes to sleep it changes the memory sticks to yellow. Under my profile it used to go dark.

Is there a way to make it so it ALWAYS turns off the memory RGB on sleep?

If on CUE 3, go the RAM device settings in CUE. There will be a check box labeled "enable full software control". Uncheck it. This now drops the RAM into "hardware mode". Set a static black 0,0,0. Then go back to the device settings and re-enable full software control. The static black will disappear and your programmed software effects will again be preset. The black will return when CUE is not running.

The trick will be to make sure all users have "enable software mode" checked so that they are in software mode. If someone is using it in hardware mode, every time they choose a new RAM color/effect it gets written to the device.

In CUE 4 this will work like any other hardware mode with a designated "Hardware lighting" option.