Corsair Community

HD140 RGB LED High Performance Fan

Hello to all I am new here and I am hoping someone can help me out. I built my first RGB PC using Corsair HD140 RGB LED High Performance 140mm PWM. Over the last couple of months, I have started to lose the RGB lighting and I don't know why. Everything worked great for a few months.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Fans/hd-series-rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050068-WW

I have 10 of these fans being speed controlled by my aquasuite for water cooling and fan curve. There is no RGB connection to the aquasuite.

The fans came with a little hand controller for changing colors and so on. Any thoughts on why the RGB portion of the fans is not working. Yes sometimes they all come on and other times they all turn off. But the fans still spin.

Opinions please and if this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

V/R

Each fan/hub combination acts like a series circuit, so a problem with one fan usually causes trouble with fans further down the line. Since you have 10 fans, you must also have 2 hubs and remotes to make this work. Does the problem appear on both sets? Or just one?

Either way you will need to test them 1 fan at a time in slot 1 on each controller to identify the bad fan. Obviously is you are looking at 1-2-3 lit and 4-5-6 dark, you know it's going to be either #3 or #4 and can narrow things down. If they all as an entire set come on or off, it could be fan #1 but more likely you are looking at some type of power delivery problem. That could be the SATA cable or not enough 5v if sharing 2 hubs + HDDs or other things that all use 5v. This seems more likely if both sets are blinking off vs both lead #1 fans developing an issue at the same time.

c-attack,

It happens with both hubs, but here is the funning thing is when the computer sets overnight turned off and in the morning everything works for about 30 minutes or so.

The only things I have on that SATA cable are the hubs and nothing else, so I will do some troubleshooting as you said, and see what happens.

Thank you for your help

AF1QipM0OxYawp8v4SHlhmKzfKfSfpUfpQQ9irQvbbbS

20210323_084434.thumb.jpg.0de38f4f1f9fe293a794dae060807cd1.jpg

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry to hear that. Let us look into this further. So that we can better assist you, please submit a ticket, and provide a few pictures of the problem when it next occurs.

As for some troubleshooting, make sure your SATA power cables are fully plugged in, and that the plugs and connectors are clear of any dust or debris.