Corsair Community

Commander Core Fan Combination issues

So I recently swapped out my old H100i RGB Platinum cooler with an Elite Capellix H100i cooler. My case is a 570X, which of course cam with 3 SP120 RGB LED fans. I later added in another another SP120 RGB LED as a back exhaust fan. I was always able to control the 2 included ml pro fans from the rbg platinum cooler with icue, and would usually just choose a static color to match them with all of the sp fans that i could control with the button on the top of the 570x case. However, with the new Elite Capellix cooler coming with a commander core that I had to use given that it powers the pump, I had to change some things around. I took off the RGB fan hub that came with the 570x, which made the case buttons null for the time being (would like to look into somehow making one a reset button as I have heard it is possible). I connected all of the SP 120 RGB LED fans to the commander core (both power and rgb headers), as well as the ML 120 RGB fans that came with the Capellix. I had looked a decent amount online to see if there would be issues with mixing fans on the commander core, and saw that a firmware update was going to be out in January of this year I believe, so I had the assumption that i could just update icue and all of the fans would be in working order power and LED wise. However, none of the SP 120 fans light up at all no matter what I have tried so far. I did a complete wipe of ICUE and its files and reinstalled. All of the fans show up in ICUE, with the SP 120's running at 100% since they are not PWM which is fine, but at least for the moment the only fans that will light up are the ML's. Is there any fix for this? Or will I just have to purchase different fans or some sort of additional fan hub for these all the work together lighting wise (LNP or CC)? I can also make a diagram of my setup with the commander core, but it's pretty much just 1-1 with each fan header connected to the power and rgb connections of the commander core. Thanks for any help!

Ah, I see. I suppose a solution for the meanwhile would be to put the rgb fan hub that came with the case back on and connect the SP fans rgb connectors to that instead? That way I could go back to at least having lighting for them as I had before? And I could still leave the power connectors for the SP fans hooked into the commander core? I don't mind the 100% speed on the fans, but just want to make sure it wouldnt cause any issues having it all hooked up that way. Thanks

Ah, I see. I suppose a solution for the meanwhile would be to put the rgb fan hub that came with the case back on and connect the SP fans rgb connectors to that instead? That way I could go back to at least having lighting for them as I had before? And I could still leave the power connectors for the SP fans hooked into the commander core? I don't mind the 100% speed on the fans, but just want to make sure it wouldnt cause any issues having it all hooked up that way. Thanks

Yes, that would be your best bet right now. If you had a Lighting Node Pro, you could connect the Fan Hub to that to get the control in iCUE.

Your other option is to replace the fans in the case ...