Corsair Community

Strafe RGB - keyboard chatter

I upgraded to the latest version of iCue as directed in a different thread (I was using a very old version) as Windows 10 updated my Strafe RGB driver resulting in a looping BSOD.

Updating to the new version of iCue solved the BSOD issue and I noticed it automatically updated the keyboard firmware. Since then I have been struggling with "keyboard chatter" i.e. single keystrokes registering twice with several different keys. I uninstalled iCue and even spent a couple of hours removing all the physical keys and cleaning the keyboard to try and fix but without success.

Eventually I found this site and followed the instructions to downgrade the firmware and thankfully this has fixed the "keyboard chatter" issue:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/351

I assume if I try and install iCue again it will update the firmware again? All of this fathing around first resolving the BSOD issue and second troubleshooting keyboard firmware issues, has certainly dented my confidence in Corsair. This keyboard was expensive to buy and now without the benefits of the iCue software seems like a waste of money.

Edited by EasterEEL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I upgraded to the latest version of iCue as directed in a different thread (I was using a very old version) as Windows 10 updated my Strafe RGB driver resulting in a looping BSOD.

Updating to the new version of iCue solved the BSOD issue and I noticed it automatically updated the keyboard firmware. Since then I have been struggling with "keyboard chatter" i.e. single keystrokes registering twice with several different keys. I uninstalled iCue and even spent a couple of hours removing all the physical keys and cleaning the keyboard to try and fix but without success.

Eventually I found this site and followed the instructions to downgrade the firmware and thankfully this has fixed the "keyboard chatter" issue:

https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb/issues/351

I assume if I try and install iCue again it will update the firmware again? All of this fathing around first resolving the BSOD issue and second troubleshooting keyboard firmware issues, has certainly dented my confidence in Corsair. This keyboard was expensive to buy and now without the benefits of the iCue software seems like a waste of money.

We always recommend running the latest version of the FW provided through iCUE to ensure proper operation. However, what you described with chatter is not the right behavior you should experience. I'd recommend reaching out to support for a hard firmware reset so that your keyboard will be detected again. They can provide you with the appropriate files and procedure to perform the hard reset:

https://support.corsair.com/

Also, can you verify which version of iCUE you currently have installed on your PC?