Corsair Community

1000D Build

Neverbloom

Hey, I plan on moving my components over to a 1000D case and I have a few questions regarding the wiring for my fans, gpu waterblock and monoblock.

My current specs are:

z390 aorus master

corsair 850w rmx

2x16gb trident rgb c14 3200mhz

Evga 2080 ti ftw 3 ultra

I plan on running the following in the corsair 1000d case:

XD5 Pump/Res

2x480 xr7 rads up front with 16 LL120 rgb fans as push/pull

1x420 xr5 up top with 6 LL140 rgb fans as push/pull

2xLL120 rgb fans in the rear

EK-Momentum Aorus Z390 Master D-RGB - Plexi (3 pin 5v)

EK-Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi (4 pin 12v)

My plan was to follow the following tutorial but it does not include anything about the wiring for a Res/Pump, monoblock and gpu waterblock.

g22mWOnl.png

• How would I include the monoblock and gpu block into this as I want it to work with icue?

• Will my motherboard and ram be able to be controlled by icue?

• Will my 850w PSU be enough or should I upgrade to something over 1000w?

Thank you!

Edited by Neverbloom

Hey, I plan on moving my components over to a 1000D case and I have a few questions regarding the wiring for my fans, gpu waterblock and monoblock.

My current specs are:

z390 aorus master

corsair 850w rmx

2x16gb trident rgb c14 3200mhz

Evga 2080 ti ftw 3 ultra

I plan on running the following in the corsair 1000d case:

XD5 Pump/Res

2x480 xr7 rads up front with 16 LL120 rgb fans as push/pull

1x420 xr5 up top with 6 LL140 rgb fans as push/pull

2xLL120 rgb fans in the rear

EK-Momentum Aorus Z390 Master D-RGB - Plexi (3 pin 5v)

EK-Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi (4 pin 12v)

My plan was to follow the following tutorial but it does not include anything about the wiring for a Res/Pump, monoblock and gpu waterblock.

g22mWOnl.png

• How would I include the monoblock and gpu block into this as I want it to work with icue?

• Will my motherboard and ram be able to be controlled by icue?

• Will my 850w PSU be enough or should I upgrade to something over 1000w?

Thank you!

Hi buddy.

no go for your Ram or Motherboard in iCUE unfortunately. Asus Motherboards and Corsairs Ram are the supported ones.

and you may be able to get aftermarket adaptors for your gpu/cpu blocks,, give PirateDogTech a search.

I made the above diagram and that one is fairly old now and things have changed..

http://i.imgur.com/Q2bE2bml.jpg

but mainly. they are designed around Corsair's ecosystem

Thanks for the response!

Could this be used as an alternative to the xspc?https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B077YHLDSP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KSN31SBQ8F3FJA0BTGDK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also do you think 850w psu is enough?

Yeah as said the hub would be fine. i know a few guys that use them without issues.

as for the PSU..

so

you have a larger amount of 5v RGB to power.. more than average.. the PSU you have mentioned. has a 25a limit on its 5v rail. you may find if you use bright lighting such as white that the PSU's fan will spin up.

Corsairs PSU's and 5v rails are rated as below

1000w and under. 25a limit on the 5v rail

1200w and over. 30a limit on the 5v rail.

for me (i have a few more fans than you) i find sitting in the 1200w or higher club works a little better for me.

to note.

its not just whats internally fitted that places the load on the 5v rail...

is it usb? 5v... simple as that.. mouse mats/stream decks/headsets/mice/keyboards.. endless list lol...

Hahaha okay, I'll probably invest in a stronger psu in that case!

Did you happen to need any cable extensions when doing your build or were all the cables long enough (i.e. fan pwm cables, rgb cables)

And how would I get the leds on the front of the case to match up with icue?

Sorry for all the questions!

Hahaha okay, I'll probably invest in a stronger psu in that case!

Did you happen to need any cable extensions when doing your build or were all the cables long enough (i.e. fan pwm cables, rgb cables)

i did.. both PWM and RGB.. hard for me to tell you what you need as every build is different. you will place stuff in different places to me etc.

check out Pirate Dog Tech for RGB extensions.

And how would I get the leds on the front of the case to match up with icue?

the case comes pre wired for those.. they are plugged into LED channel 1 on the 1000D Commander Pro and configured in 'chassis lighting' in iCUE

Sorry for all the questions!

not an issue buddy.. ask away..

although.. might be worth reading my Faq/Guide for the 1000d and indeed my RGB faq if you havnt already..

1000d faq

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

RGB Faq

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

"EK-Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi (4 pin 12v)"

Pretty sure that Pirate dog doesnt make 4 pin 12v rgb -> Corsair adapters. If you want Icue integration with non-Corsair products go with a 5v 3 pin GPU block (argb block).

As for mobo/ram control. As mentioned no Icue integration, but more importantly, Gigabyte RGB Fusion is one of the ****tiest lighting control programs out there and infamous for not co-existing well with other lighting control programs.

Edited by MADRGB

"EK-Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi (4 pin 12v)"

Pretty sure that Pirate dog doesnt make 4 pin 12v rgb -> Corsair adapters. If you want Icue integration with non-Corsair products go with a 5v 3 pin GPU block (argb block).

That would actually require the ArrRGB DAC. PirateDog has it: https://piratedog.tech/collections/devices/products/solarity-tech-arrrgb-dac-essentials-bundle

Thanks guys! Do you think it will be possible to complete the build without pwm/rgb extensions? They are very expensive per cable O.o

I know I would have to get a couple of thesehttps://piratedog.tech/collections/corsair-rgb-extensions-cables/products/corsair-rgb-fan-extension-sleeved-12-in-16-in-20-in. I just want to make sure that they can plug into each other like shown in Zottys graph when combining rgb hubs?

Completed my build 3/13/21 after receiving my GPU water block, the way I wired my system did not require me to use fan RGB extension or Pwm extension, I did need and did use a D-RGB splitter for my : water pumps, CPU block, GPU block, and flow meters, these are controlled by Motherboard, and fans Icue.

As zotty stated , every one will run wires and hid things different than others, I chose not to hid anything , for ease of replacing in case of failure.

Edited by JDAMAGE

Completed my build 3/13/21 after receiving my GPU water block, the way I wired my system did not require me to use fan RGB extension or Pwm extension, I did need and did use a D-RGB splitter for my : water pumps, CPU block, GPU block, and flow meters, these are controlled by Motherboard, and fans Icue.

As zotty stated , every one will run wires and hid things different than others, I chose not to hid anything , for ease of replacing in case of failure.

Great work there!!! well done :)