Corsair Community

Will this splitter work?

Titan777

Hello guys,

This is my setup:

1 Commander Pro.

1 Fan hub.

3 LL120 in front (Obsidian 500D SE case).

2 LL140 on top (H115i Platinum).

1 LL120 on back.

All these connected to 1st LED on the Commander Pro.

4 Led strips.

2 450mm LS100.

All these connected to 2nd LED on the Commander Pro.

They all work perfectly in sync.

All my USB ports on the commander are free (not sure why though).

I do have an HX750i but not connected to the CoPro, but still showing everything on ICUE.

The last thing I want to add is my new GPU, Sapphire Nitro+ SE RE 6800 XT.

What is the best way to do it, without buying a lighting node pro?

(I don't mind giving up 1 led strip).

Do I even have the option to add more RGB to my commander pro?

Was thinking I need these 2 cables:

YXWAQLg.png

FFbPi10.png

epXoxot.jpg

dMzW4fT.jpg

sQn6tZD.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thank you!

Edited by Titan777

OK, my friend, first of all, nice pc, second, if you have the option to add more RGB, you should connect the HX750i that you have. Greetings

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my questions hahaha....

The HX750i is showing on the ICUE without being connected to the Commander Pro. Same as the AIO.

both channels are maxed buddy.

using aftermarket splitters although not supported by Corsair does work for certain applications.

1. you are effectively cloning that channel. meaning the 2 outputs you create are doing identical effects/timings

2. power limits apply when not used with RGB Fan LED Hubs (they have their own Sata Power Connections.). meaning you can not have 6 strips on each split output.. your limit is now combined across both outputs.

here is an example of how i use RGB Splitters. (RGB Fan Hub Splitters to be exact)

http://i.imgur.com/Q2bE2bml.jpg

IMHO. get a Lighting Node Pro

The ones you posted are adapters from eBay reseller Pirate's Dog, they are of good quality and work for sure.

The point is... the first is an Y splitter, so everything connected to it would act the same on RGB side. If you use it to connect different RGB stuff (like fans and strips for example) it may end in weird effects, as you will able to set only 1 kind of RGB into the lighting controller configuration. So it's a no-go for me.

The second is an adapter that allows you to connect 5v ARGB stuff to a Corsair's lighting controller. I'm using 2 at the moment plugged into CoPro Led ports and I'm able to control LianLi's Streamers and RGB case strip under iCue. I don't see what you may use it for, unless your VGA has a 5v ARGB connector.

Baio

Edited by Technobeard
removed quote - too large

The ones you posted are adapters from eBay reseller Pirate's Dog, they are of good quality and work for sure.

Those are not Pirate Dog Tech Cables buddy. i will only use Pirate Dog Tech adapters my self. seen other people have the 'others' and they lack the quality

Those are not Pirate Dog Tech Cables buddy. i will only use Pirate Dog Tech adapters my self. seen other people have the 'others' and they lack the quality

Oh sorry... you're right, definetely NOT Pirate's Dog ones.

Baio

Your best bet would be to split the connection to the Fan Hub. The fan hub doesn't draw any power at all so you could put the adapter on there without any worry of overloading the power on that particular channel.

The GPU would then follow the lighting on the first one or two fans that are on the fan hub.

As for cables from that seller - I can't say one way or another. He's a knockoff of PirateDog.

Ahh I'm now confused of what I should do.

I only want to add my GPU RGB, everything else is working fine.

How do I currently have 4 LED strips + 2 450mm LS100 on 1st LED channel?

And 6 LL fans on the 2nd channel? (2 of them being an AIO).

Am I able to add more RGB to what I already have?

Can or should I add the GPU to the Fan Hub via splitter or only to a LED channel?

Can the Fan Hub be connected to the CoPro with USB to free up the LED channel?

Do I need to buy a Lighting Node Pro and just connect the GPU to it and get it over with?

Does the LNP connects to the CoPro via USB?]

By the way, why is Corsair limiting the video lighting effect only to the full starter kit and doesn't add the effect as a global effect to all users? It would work great with the order I currently have.

Ahh I'm now confused of what I should do.

I only want to add my GPU RGB, everything else is working fine.

I told you what your best option was above.

How do I currently have 4 LED strips + 2 450mm LS100 on 1st LED channel?

And 6 LL fans on the 2nd channel? (2 of them being an AIO).

The first seems a bit much - you have the potential to pull too much current through that one channel but you can get away with it depending on the color settings that you have. I prefer to be a bit conservative in how I load the power on my channels - I've blown a fuse or two overloading the LEDs.

But the fans aren't getting power from the LNP (as mentioned before). So you shouldn't have any issue adding the GPU to the channel with the fan hub using a splitter. It would be LNP => Splitter => [Fan Hub Cable => Fan Hub] / [Adapter => GPU]

Am I able to add more RGB to what I already have?

Yeah, within reason. It's all about the power delivery on that SATA connector.

Can or should I add the GPU to the Fan Hub via splitter or only to a LED channel?

Do I need to buy a Lighting Node Pro and just connect the GPU to it and get it over with?

Does the LNP connects to the CoPro via USB?]

No need.

By the way, why is Corsair limiting the video lighting effect only to the full starter kit and doesn't add the effect as a global effect to all users? It would work great with the order I currently have.

Dunno. Above my pay grade.

I told you what your best option was above.

The first seems a bit much - you have the potential to pull too much current through that one channel but you can get away with it depending on the color settings that you have. I prefer to be a bit conservative in how I load the power on my channels - I've blown a fuse or two overloading the LEDs.

But the fans aren't getting power from the LNP (as mentioned before). So you shouldn't have any issue adding the GPU to the channel with the fan hub using a splitter. It would be LNP => Splitter => [Fan Hub Cable => Fan Hub] / [Adapter => GPU]

Yeah, within reason. It's all about the power delivery on that SATA connector.

No need.

Dunno. Above my pay grade.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Did you mean I don't need to buy an NLP? I don't have one.

I only have a Fan Hub and a Commander Pro.

From what you say I must buy the NLP, or I'm still confused lol.

I was thinking of this:

Removing 1 LED strip, and adding the GPU instead via splitter to one of the LED strips or one of the LS100.

Does it matter which end of the splitter is connected? (it has 1 main female and 2 male splits).

i'm asking since I need 1 male and 1 female on the splits. (and 1 female on the main).

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Did you mean I don't need to buy an NLP? I don't have one.

I only have a Fan Hub and a Commander Pro.

No, you don't need a LNP. You can substitute LNP with Commander Pro in the above. Still the same result.

But I thought I'm maxed out with LED channels on my CoPro?

You've not maxed out the power on the channel with the Fan Hub. The fan hub doesn't draw any current from the CoPro at all. So you can power the GPU from there. The LEDs will be the same as some number of the LEDs on the first QL fan.

You've not maxed out the power on the channel with the Fan Hub. The fan hub doesn't draw any current from the CoPro at all. So you can power the GPU from there. The LEDs will be the same as some number of the LEDs on the first QL fan.

My fan hub is full with 6 fans. But my CoPro fans has 2 free slots.

So I need a Y splitter from the 3 pin GPU to the 4 pin fan hub?

My fan hub is full with 6 fans. But my CoPro fans has 2 free slots.

So I need a Y splitter from the 3 pin GPU to the 4 pin fan hub?

No. The Y splitter is from the 3-pin Commander Pro channel. One side goes to the fan hub (using the fan hub cable), the other side goes to the adapter.

No. The Y splitter is from the 3-pin Commander Pro channel. One side goes to the fan hub (using the fan hub cable), the other side goes to the adapter.

Sorry I think we don't got it right.

I will only use 3 LED strips + 2 450mm LS100. 6 LL fans and 26 LEDs from the GPU.

My fan hub is full with 6 fans.

My 2 LED channels on the CoPro are full.

There are 26 addressable LEDs accessible on the GPU.

I need a 3-pin 5V ARGB female to the GPU. What is at it's end? Corsair Fan Hub connector? Corsair RGB connector?

Which splitters do I need? A diagram would be best.

https://ebay.to/2PrdoB5

https://ebay.to/31F6NVW

Thanks man (:

Edited by Titan777

I'm not familiar with that guy's products so I'm not going to suggest one over the other.

But what would work best is a 3-pin splitter for the lighting channel on the CoPro. This would then split the channel with the fans. This will work.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not familiar with that guy's products so I'm not going to suggest one over the other.

But what would work best is a 3-pin splitter for the lighting channel on the CoPro. This would then split the channel with the fans. This will work.

So I just got the cables and connected everything and it's not working.

Tried to connect the GPU directly to the CoPro, tried different lighting setups but nothing seems to work.

Is the cable from the GPU faulty? I can't really think of anything else.

EDIT: I downloaded the Sapphire TriXX software and enabled External Source and now it's all working beautifully.

Edited by Titan777