Corsair Community

HS70 Bluetooth - Microphone doesn't work over bluetooth.

I can get the headset working perfectly fine via a wired connection however once connected via Bluetooth I am able to get perfect audio but the microphone will not work whatsoever. The input device gets switched to "Headset (HS70 BLUETOOTH Headset Hands-Free AG Audio)" on the input device. I was under the impression this headset was meant to be a Bluetooth headset. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and I've also installed icue but as far as I can tell icue doesnt detect the headset in bluetooth mode.

• Corsair Employees

Hi zabzacon,

Due to the restraints of using Bluetooth with Windows, the HS70 BLUETOOTH is designed to be utilized via a wired connection with PC/consoles. The Bluetooth connection is intended for users who want a simultaneous connection to their mobile device.

You'll technically be able to use the headset with PC via Bluetooth, but there's only two results yielded:

1. Stereo audio-quality output with input disabled from the headset
  2. Hands-free audio for both output and input, where the audio quality on both ends is diminished due to Bluetooth protocol.

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Due to the restraints of using Bluetooth with Windows, the HS70 BLUETOOTH is designed to be utilized via a wired connection with PC/consoles. The Bluetooth connection is intended for users who want a simultaneous connection to their mobile device.

Excuse me but who uses a headset like that? I bought this so I could work from home and now I can't return it due to hygiene issues with Canada Computers because I find out now after that the Bluetooth is a joke and not even actually full functionality of what other headsets (and it can do on the phone) can do and that's use a microphone over Bluetooth just like other headsets could and I should have went for.

This has been completely misleading advertising and I want a full refund because I now spent $140 CAD on a headset I can't use to work and make a living wage, it should be very very clearly visible that the microphone does not work over Bluetooth (even though it should and there's no reason other than not caring about users or greed that you would do such a thing.

You do realize that,

1. The majority of computers do NOT come with a 4 pole aux connector for mic and headset.

2. Bluetooth esp Bluetooth 5 can support audio both ways at low power perfectly fine right while also controlling a Bluetooth mouse and controller.

3. The 4 pole aux cable you provided isn't even remotely long enough to have an enjoyable experience doing anything other than sitting snug up beside your case or crooking your neck to be able to sit at your PC which is a slight distance from your case for airflow etc.

4. I just can't believe you would make up a blatant lie like "Due to the restraints of using Bluetooth with Windows" what restraints are you still thinking this is Windows XP days? Windows could support mic audio over Bluetooth since at least Windows 7.

I will say this again, I want this refunded by Corsair or replaced with a better one that works with Bluetooth on windows or just update the driver so I do not lose my brand new job.

Edited by Beanie

I will also note lots of static white noise with the aux plugged in and it's extremely louder static when I have the USB plugged in which also does not pass audio...

On 3/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, Corsair Albert said:

• 6 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, Corsair Albert said:

You'll technically be able to use the headset with PC via Bluetooth, but there's only two results yielded:

1. Stereo audio-quality output with input disabled from the headset
  2. Hands-free audio for both output and input, where the audio quality on both ends is diminished due to Bluetooth protocol.

Yet, every other bluetooth headset I have works just fine with windows.  Why is the microphone intentionally disabled on this headset over bluetooth, and what is the process to get a refund for the purchase of a wireless headset that is intentionally disabled over wireless.