Corsair Community

H115i Not Recognized by iCUE Software

I just an "iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler" installed in my tower and have been having issues getting the iCUE software to recognize it.

The system appears to cool the CPU fine, however the fans sound like they're stuck at 100% and I have no control over the LED lights.

I noticed this when trying to install either version of the current iCUE software from Corsair's website (v3.38.61 & v4.9.338). Both versions report "No device detected!" and provide no options for controlling the cooling system's lights or fan speeds.

Being unfamiliar with liquid cooling systems, I'm unsure of how to troubleshoot this issue. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Software control requires USB connectivity to the MB. Make sure you are connected properly on the pump end (mini) as well as the board. Your hardware specs are not listed, but also note the issues with x570 and B550 MBs. Some x470 owners with BIOS updates to make them x570 compatible also have issues.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=204534

Thanks for the response, what exactly does the USB cable coming from the pump look like? I didn't install the pump myself but don't see anything that looks like a USB cable coming from either the pump or its fans.

Currently, I can only see a female 4-pin connector coming form the fans that is attached to a 4-pin male adapter coming from the pump. There is another 4-pin male adapter coming from the pump that appears to not be plugged into anything.

Here are my system specs:

MSI Z490 Plus

Core i7-10700K

32GB RAM

GTX 3070

Oh wow you're right, just noticed this port on the side of the pump is not connected! Unfortunately the local service department I used for installation did not provide a cable for this connection. I'm going to ask them if they still have the cable and if I can pick it up.

I see that the USB-C type port on the pump converts to a pin-type USB connection on the mother with the cable it looks like I'm missing.

Edited by czarship

• Corsair Employees
Oh wow you're right, just noticed this port on the side of the pump is not connected! Unfortunately the local service department I used for installation did not provide a cable for this connection. I'm going to ask them if they still have the cable and if I can pick it up.

I see that the USB-C type port on the pump converts to a pin-type USB connection on the mother with the cable it looks like I'm missing.

That is not a type C connector. That is a Micro USB connector, and the other end terminates to an internal 9pin USB 2.0 female connector.

Thanks all! It turned out the technician simply forgot to install it. They still had the cable lying around and I was able to get it installed. You're right it was a micro USB to 9-pin USB header. My iCUE software can now control the cooling system, much appreciated!