Corsair Community

Virtuoso SE RGB - does it work without iCUE?

Innkeeper

Hi all,

Hope you can help. My existing headset is about to die and I'm strongly considering the Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE. I want to be able to use it wirelessly, for gaming on my gaming PC, but also for Microsoft Teams conference calls on my work PC.

The work PC is Windows 10, but is locked down and I can't install iCUE. How badly will the headset functionality be affected without it? Will I still get basic functionality (audio, speech, mute, wireless) just using the standard drivers that Windows can pick up from the web when I plug the headset in?

Thanks in advance. Don't really want to spend this amount of money if I can't use the headset for both work and play.

Innkeeper

Hi Notepad,

Many thanks for your reply - sorry for the delay in responding. That's good. If the basic functionality will work without iCUE, that should be enough for me :-) Unless anyone else has any different experiences, I think I will go ahead and order one!

Innkeeper

• 10 months later...

Hi Innkeeper, hopefully you're still subscribed to this thread - did you end up getting these for your work PC? I'm looking to go wireless, especially for work so I can at least stand and move around during the countless, countless, countless, phone meetings these days. But also looking to dual for gaming so I don't have yet another mic/headphone setup. 

I want to make sure that these work good without the use of iCUE and doesn't have anything defaulted like "sidetone" that's going to pic up every darn needle drop 40 feet away and amplify it in my ears. I'm not able to install anything on my work PC either. Got denied to even get GHub installed for my KB and Yeti...lol. 

I just recently tried a pair of Sennheiser HD 350BT but these just didn't cut it, nor would they connect to their app to even change the sidetone/mic stuff. 

Do these just required PnP drivers for the USB dongle?