Corsair Community

new UI .. same problems

Neux

I completely removed all trace of iCUE from my pc before installing the new 4.9.338 version.

After install I opened the software, clicked on settings and it crashed.

Opened the software, started to set up a profile and it crashed.

Opened the software, got a profile set up, started the game up and iCue crashed.

Opened the software, managed to get a second profile set up, started the game up and it didn't crash - until I pressed the key on my keyboard to switch profiles.

Gave up for a while.

Came back.

Discovered that (I have a 3 monitor setup) with a game running on my main, center, screen if I do anything on one of the other 2 monitors iCUE crashes.

In the first day of using the new iCUE I've had it crash 37 times. I know how many times because after the first 4 I started keeping a record.

The last 'stable' version of ICUE that I've used was 3.20.80. WTF are you doing at Corsair? It's all very well showing off a new looking iCUE but the base software is STILL a bug ridden abortion.

I have an Asus PG348Q as the main, center, monitor running at 3440 x 1440 100hz. The second and third monitors, to the left and right, are 2 AOC Q2781B screens running at 2560 x 1440 60hz.

I have a K95 rgb Platinum, Scimitar Pro, LT100 and LS 100. The lighting for these at the desktop are all solid single colour. For games I use the same colour on the keyboard and mouse but have video lighting on the LT100 and LS100.

Swapping between open windows on the 3 monitors has a very high chance of crashing iCUE. Though, to be honest, iCue is equally as prone to crash mid game or while using spreadsheet software. Any time really.

Corsair hardware I find to be really good and have never had a problem with any of it. It's completely brought undone by the accompanying software that's needed to use the hardware to it's potential.

The software is unstable, bug ridden, unintuitive, crash prone absolute garbage. So much so that I've decided to forgo the reliable hardware and have been shopping around for a different brand. After years of waiting for Corsair to release decent software I've had enough.

I've tried with different lighting profiles and with no profiles. I've tried with pretty much every running process paused. It makes no difference as iCUE still crashes. It can crash when swapping applications / monitors and it can crash mid use of an application / game when focusing on just the one monitor.

• Corsair Employees
I have an Asus PG348Q as the main, center, monitor running at 3440 x 1440 100hz. The second and third monitors, to the left and right, are 2 AOC Q2781B screens running at 2560 x 1440 60hz.

I have a K95 rgb Platinum, Scimitar Pro, LT100 and LS 100. The lighting for these at the desktop are all solid single colour. For games I use the same colour on the keyboard and mouse but have video lighting on the LT100 and LS100.

Swapping between open windows on the 3 monitors has a very high chance of crashing iCUE. Though, to be honest, iCue is equally as prone to crash mid game or while using spreadsheet software. Any time really.

Corsair hardware I find to be really good and have never had a problem with any of it. It's completely brought undone by the accompanying software that's needed to use the hardware to it's potential.

The software is unstable, bug ridden, unintuitive, crash prone absolute garbage. So much so that I've decided to forgo the reliable hardware and have been shopping around for a different brand. After years of waiting for Corsair to release decent software I've had enough.

I have to be honest - I don't believe we've ever tested iCUE on a setup like this. If you're crashing moving from one monitor to another, there could potentially be a bug that will follow iCUE 3 -> iCUE 4 since the backend is still the same. We can try to reproduce this but it would help if you can send us the application crash logs. Otherwise trying to replicate this will be difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
also even on a single monitor setup icue eats up alot of resources and can just randomly crash alot anyways i love corsair products and i want to love the software but just to controll a couple fans and an aio its gotta eat a good chunk of your cpu ? i usually end up having to use a second program to moniter temps because in icue the sensors are jumping all over the place going from 30c to 40 c back to 30 c repeatedly where as in any other program the temp doesnt even move? (dont get me wrong love corsair and icue)

so exactly as the title says if icue is not open my pc stays at a solid 29c-30c with almost not fluxuations but as soon as i turn icue on the temp goes straight up to 34c but fluxs from 34c to 40c sometimes 47c then back down to 34c for a few seconds sometimes a minutes or to then starts acting super erratic no other program causes this to happen it actualy makeing me realy sad that i might have to switch all the internal components to something else. is there another program that can control corsair aio fans and rgb ? because it seems that the icue program itself ruins all performance gains and temps after its been on for a couple minutes? super baffled that a company like corsair cant nail there software ? im realy torn about this i really wanna love corsair but i dont like the fact that this program is instantly raising temps and makes it so the all monitering of temps is super erratic