Corsair Community

iCue 4.x is here at last (video!)

Mussels

This is from the TechPowerUp review of the K65 RGB mini, but it's out first glimpse at the new iCue

4sokyossq7.jpg

[ame]

[/ame]

" ...it does seem to tax the CPU less than before even though it supports hundreds of products across CORSAIR and other hardware brands (MSI, ASUS, and Lenovo, to name a few)."

Download is here:

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads

Edited by Mussels

• Corsair Employees
This is from the TechPowerUp review of the K65 RGB mini, but it's out first glimpse at the upcoming iCue

4sokyossq7.jpg

" ...it does seem to tax the CPU less than before even though it supports hundreds of products across CORSAIR and other hardware brands (MSI, ASUS, and Lenovo, to name a few)."

Its already launched and available for download.

Feedback time

#1. Why is the installer linking me to youtube videos? Are you expecting people to run this on PC's so slow that they need videos to watch, but somehow the videos wont make it even worse? Installers should be lightweight and simple, fancy 3D renderings with animations and videos only slow that experience down and increase download size for no reason.

#2. Making new layers takes way more clicks than it needs to because it closes the expanded panes you had open - it should keep them open at the screen you had, with an assumption you were there for a reason (It does this when changing between existing layers already)

#3 the quick colour presets are now buried behind extra clicks: keep those in the open, BEFORE the colour wheel! If i want to have a bunch of devices colour synced i dont want to compare RGB values, i want a preset for the commonly used colours *first*

#4.

I can click on, or click and drag over the individual LED's on my corsair RAM but nothing pops up to let me actually choose what to place there. That's a time saver that seems halfway to existing

I should be able to click and drag over those LED's and have a new layer auto create with the panes appear asking what i want there - you want to minimise clicks and save user time so people dont get frustrated and give up

zx71zwmkbm.jpg

Semi related: Why are my RAM sticks now in the order of 2-4-1-3 screwing with all my lighting options when icue isn't running? Surely there has to be a way to re-order the sticks and have them remember it

Positive stuff: it imported my settings fine, i can find everything fine, the new dashboard looks great