Corsair Community

Red triangle on Icue corsair RAM, rgb not working?

DarkRider2k3

I've had this recurring issue with my Vengeance RGB pro ram where it will work for only a minute, and then the RGB freezes and a red triangle appears in icue for the memory. A force update of the firmware seems to fix it temporarily but it will always come back. The latest iCue update from today did not resolve the issue either. It did, however, fix my lighting issue with my Asus board thankfully lol.

Full specs:

TUF X570 gaming plus wifi

Ryzen7 5800x

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (32 GB, 16x2)

h115i aio

all corsair fans attached to lighting node pro (6 fans on node pro, 2x on aio)

1060 GTX GPU

Windows 10 Pro x64

RAM firmware is at 0.9.16

You will need to close all other third party RGB software and hardware monitoring software. If you are running the Asus Aura or Armoury Crate software at the same time they will conflict and cause iCUE to lose control of the RGB memory.

I don't see that Armoury crate is running in my task manager though. And iCue is controlling my motherboard just fine.

edit: I may have actually discovered my issue!! I noticed that while Armoury crate was "off" and I assumed Aura Sync was off, LightingService.exe (which is also a part of Aura Sync) was on. I went into services.msc and stopped Lighting Service, as well as disabled it from starting again, and it seems (for now) that my issue is resolved. So probably a good note for others as well. Even though iCue was having zero issues with my motherboard lighting, it seems that somehow LightingService was conflicting with my ram...

Edited by DarkRider2k3
Updated with solution to problem.

Update:

So my RAM now has the red triangle again and no RGB working. It just froze in whatever position it was in. Rest of it working. I tried updating to iCue 4 and that didn't help it. Everything else working fine. Also verified that none of my asus lighting/aura is loaded and on.

I'm also now getting the red triangle on my dominator platinum rgb memory once I start icue 4 if fully closed, though it doesn't always break on startup. When it does the rgb memory effect will slow down then literally freeze in place, as soon as icue 4 is closed the effect resumes. If attempt to launch icue 4 again it may work fine the next time and I have full control so it's very inconsistent and something I never experienced once in v3 ever. I don't use any other software to control my RGB.

I'm also now getting the red triangle on my dominator platinum rgb memory once I start icue 4 if fully closed, though it doesn't always break on startup. When it does the rgb memory effect will slow down then literally freeze in place, as soon as icue 4 is closed the effect resumes. If attempt to launch icue 4 again it may work fine the next time and I have full control so it's very inconsistent and something I never experienced once in v3 ever. I don't use any other software to control my RGB.

wow shockingly when I quit iCue my "hardware lighting" effect came on and worked just fine!!! My RAM is now working again by restarting iCue but that's still annoying... but I can definitely verify that the RAM retained it's hardware settings that iCue set, it's just a matter of time before the actual icue lighting effects freeze. Same issue you are having.

• 1 month later...