Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

On 7/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Are you running iCUE concurrently with ASUS' software?

Haven't seen any update to this issue.... The problem still exists on every update after v4.12.214.  Has corsair dropped support a this point for the asus plugin?

10 hours ago, DOTTAT said:

Haven't seen any update to this issue.... The problem still exists on every update after v4.12.214.  Has corsair dropped support a this point for the asus plugin?

That was my thought. I have an Asus board and Asus GPU, lighting hasn't worked in iCUE for several versions now. I just gave up and us Armory Crate for the Asus stuff now.

ASUS 3000 series GPU is working for me again (and correctly with multiple LED detection) in the latest iCUE version. But sadly my ASUS motherboard (Maximus X Hero) still isn't being detected. 

So close to getting back to normal functionality like last year and early this year!

Edited by supertoast

Liking the new look. 
Going to have to get used to setting up the colour effects again.
Setting up the key assignments and macros is way easier now.

2 things that  really bug me tho:
1. The scenes selection thing is where the search bar used to be for my templates. Should keep that search bar on the front page as its the only thing that gets used once everything is set up. Doesn't make much sense to hide it behind a few extra clicks. 
2. App always defaults to a small window. Not sure of anyone that uses applications in small windows. Should at least be an option to make it default to full screen. 

Together this makes the process: Open app, make it full screen, go into templates, search for template you want. 
Should be streamlined to: open app, search for template. 

On 8/16/2021 at 10:21 PM, CivilizedAge said:

That was my thought. I have an Asus board and Asus GPU, lighting hasn't worked in iCUE for several versions now. I just gave up and us Armory Crate for the Asus stuff now.

So the last version that works for me is v4.12.214. did you try reverting to that? 

16 hours ago, DOTTAT said:

So the last version that works for me is v4.12.214. did you try reverting to that? 

I did not, but I did revert one version back to 4.13.223 due to the standard Corsair H150i Elite ML Fan curves being messed up (which sadly no one has responded to so not sure Corsair knows about this bug).

Hi All ! 

So this is my first time posting here. Now I Have a big issue with iCUE 4 It's been a thing noticed by many since day one of iCUE 4 Being released on BETA The problem being is I Make lighting designs I Was mainly a Razer man until I Got a full PC And went to corsair stuff and realised the power envisioned behind iCUE Software.

So the stuff that I Have I Tend to try make matching designs to go with my razer keyboard mouse and mouse mat and every time I Spend hours sometimes doing these profiles I Export them the same way I Always would and every time I Get the problem where I Will even try to reimport them just to have it show up on 4 LEDs on one product normally the LT100 Towers.

Because I Have heard this problem many times before I Thought by now it might have been fixed but for me it seems like every version of iCUE 4 That is released is worse than the last or has some horrible bugs. One that made me downgrade to the version before the newer update to the iCUE 4 Released after the one I Was using was trying to make any custom gradient/wave where normally it would place 2 colour nodes and when you press plus a 3rd would appear right in the middle and then so on to make it nice and evenly spaced out. Only this one was making them on top of each other and it was a real pain in the rear due to trying to make it look right so that was my reason for downgrading to the one before as I Had no troubles at all with that one.

But my main problem since day one is that bug where I Export my profile release it and people get to import it and it only lights up one of there corsair peripherals which in the case of my last reddit user who downloaded the profile who has the same kind of things in there set up as me the lighting effects were showing on the ram nothing else.

So basically I Guess my main question is will there ever be a fix to this or is it how it will always end up in iCUE 4 ? Because I Thought by now it would have been addressed owing to the amount of people who I Have seen or heard have this problem.

Thanks in advance I Hope that I Wrote that out in an understandable manner and kind regards,

Pete.

Wow. I have been away from this forum for awhile. Just read the last few pages in this thread. I am SO HAPPY that I decided NOT to use Corsair iCue in my new build. I feel for you guys. It seems like Corsair has lost control of this software. My head is spinning from all of the bug reports. That and dropping support for a bunch of their own products?!? Just WOW. I stepped up to Aquasuite and OMG what a difference.

Edited by SpeedyV

hoy he instalado la ultima version y era mi primera vez con este programa y no me aparecen mis dispositivos corsair hidro 110 gt(creo que era asi) y la vengance rgb pro, ademas tengo mas componentes pero no me aparece nada de nada , tengo instalado corsair link 4.0 puede ser por eso? lo utilizo para la velocidad de mis ventiladores con los perfiles predefinidos, agradeceria ayuda gracias

icue 1.jpg

icue 2.jpg

icue 3.jpg

icue 4.jpg

I'm happy to see Nexus widget background fixed.... but sadly it didn't fix the problem.

When widget background is tuned off, it's just becomes black and hide background images.

This wasn't the case in iCue 3.x.

I'm back to 3.38.61.

7 hours ago, ONEROM73 said:

no me aparecen mis dispositivos corsair hidro 110 gt(creo que era asi) y la vengance rgb pro, ademas tengo mas componentes pero no me aparece nada de nada , tengo instalado corsair link 4.0 puede ser por eso?

The H110i (GT) series coolers are not currently supported in CUE 4.  You will need to stay on CUE 3.38 in order to control that device.  There is a full list of products affected below.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/168741-icue-4-unsupported-products/

Hey all,

I'm a big fan of Corsair stuff I must say.  I've had numerous cases and peripherals over the years, and i'm quite happy with everything.  In fact on the reddit/r/corsair sub, I recently posted my new 5000x /w XD7 build.  Huge amount of Corsair stuff inside the case, as well as keyboard / mouse / headset.  I even picked up a Nexus yesterday for monitoring.  (That I think is fantastic for what it does, for what I need.)

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY!

Please, please, please fix or enable the ability to SAVE the bl00dy HOME page and DASHBOARD layouts.  EVERY time, I reboot, or even lock my workstation and come back, not only is the layout reset, but all the sensors and graphs that I have lovingly ordered to my preference, have gone back to some ordering that Icue thinks is better than me.

That's it isn't, the the icue stuff is silently judging you.

Also, the Multi / Single OCP settings on my ax1500i, well they just don't work.

dashboard.JPG

20210818_175139.jpg

20210819_082137.jpg

20210821_162839.jpg

20210818_173621.jpg

• Like 3

Why are all my motherboard sensors and fan speeds gone in the new update if iCue 4. Is there one version of iCue that does not render the Nexus useless.

SpoonerUK

couple questions 

how did you get that clear glass on the 5000x black case? I thought it came tinted? That’s the only thing holding me back

would that case be fine if I wasn’t doing the water cooling for everything? I am planning on using an aio for the spy though or should I just get the airflow version?

what are your build specs?

• Corsair Employees
On 8/21/2021 at 7:31 AM, SpoonerUK said:

Hey all,

I'm a big fan of Corsair stuff I must say.  I've had numerous cases and peripherals over the years, and i'm quite happy with everything.  In fact on the reddit/r/corsair sub, I recently posted my new 5000x /w XD7 build.  Huge amount of Corsair stuff inside the case, as well as keyboard / mouse / headset.  I even picked up a Nexus yesterday for monitoring.  (That I think is fantastic for what it does, for what I need.)

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY!

Please, please, please fix or enable the ability to SAVE the bl00dy HOME page and DASHBOARD layouts.  EVERY time, I reboot, or even lock my workstation and come back, not only is the layout reset, but all the sensors and graphs that I have lovingly ordered to my preference, have gone back to some ordering that Icue thinks is better than me.

That's it isn't, the the icue stuff is silently judging you.

Also, the Multi / Single OCP settings on my ax1500i, well they just don't work.

dashboard.JPG

20210818_175139.jpg

20210819_082137.jpg

20210821_162839.jpg

20210818_173621.jpg

Have you tried closing iCUE via the taskbar and restarting it to see if your dashboard layout saves?

image.png.ccc16f5c9e3714fcd23e0896156f880a.png

PSU mode (single/multi rail) is being looked into at the moment.

On 8/16/2021 at 7:21 PM, CivilizedAge said:

Have you tried updating your ASUS motherboard/GPU via Armoury Crate, then closing Armoury Crate afterwards to check if they become detected in iCUE? A system restart may also be necessary - but more importantly want to make sure Armoury Crate isn't running concurrently with iCUE as the two softwares may easily conflict with one another.

You can check your ASUS devices for updates via Armoury Crate's settings. Mine is pictured below for example.

image.thumb.png.38e30dab325ac659a7e40186f4a819e1.png

4 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Have you tried closing iCUE via the taskbar and restarting it to see if your dashboard layout saves?

Have you tried updating your ASUS motherboard/GPU via Armoury Crate, then closing Armoury Crate afterwards to check if they become detected in iCUE? A system restart may also be necessary - but more importantly want to make sure Armoury Crate isn't running concurrently with iCUE as the two softwares may easily conflict with one another.

You can check your ASUS devices for updates via Armoury Crate's settings. Mine is pictured below for example.

Mine has been up to date on all. Also broken on fresh reinstall of windows. Something broke after the version I've reported multiple times and you guys are still asking basic questions. Clean install of windows- no go for ram RGB control via armory crate. Simply installing the older version of icue works!  So what does that tell you ?

10 hours ago, Corsair Albert said:

Thanks buddy, but closing iCue, restarting the service, rebooting, creating a new profile, whatever.  Nothing keeps the layout of the dashboard or the home screen for me.  The functionality just doesnt exist within the software.  We need an "Export/Save" layout function.

People have been complaining or asking for this for some time.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

After reading most of the recent posts about ICUE V4, I wanted to share my ARGB issue which I did not see mentioned - and may not be a massive deal! Yet for the money... 

Although most of the time with ICUE V3 I would keep the RGB static white, I sometimes liked to play around with the effects available. 

I updated my pump and ICUE software and ended up with ICUE V4. With which I could not change any of the RGB, it kept being static white. I tried everything, form the settings, to scenes, nothing... Impossible to change any of the effects or colours...

For now I reverted to ICUE V3... It WORKS great.

I have an Elite Capellix h115i and now 6 Corsair QL fans. 

It is always more comfortable to have the latest updates on any software, yet I believe there should not be this much troubleshooting (being with corsair on its own, with Gigabyte/Aura etc...).

Hopefully ICUE V4 will be more robust in the coming updates.

Best

Vince 

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

On 8/23/2021 at 5:35 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Hey @Corsair Albert, thanks for this. I actually re-installed Windows completely (unrelated issue), and followed all these steps numerous times and cannot get the Motherboard (Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E)  or my Asus 2070 SUPER GPU controllable in iCUE any further. It used to work until one day it just....didn't. Like I said I basically gave up on it. 

I am actually more concerned about the default fan curves in iCUE being changed in the latest version. Please check my previous posts in this thread. I have the H150i Elite Capellix and on the BALANCED setting, the ML fans now spin 200 - 400 RPM faster than before at a low (32C) coolant temp than before. Something changed in this latest version. Now my machine at idle is no longer quiet and I have to use the QUIET setting. 😞 

Hey All,

I Finally took the plunge and paid the £218 for the K100 and what can I Say it's Fu****g AMAZING ! So One Question I Have got in iCUE 4 There is a lighting layer inside of the new profile's your making called CORSAIR Audio Visualizer.image.thumb.png.4c40b97f1d64b3e62051175ee4d1592e.png 

This is not my profile it's just one I Quickly added a layer to, to take the picture and this is the layer that I Mean so the audio layer on anything else works just fine but this here does nothing at all ? Could anybody tell me if I Am doing something wrong here or something because I Am really confused. I Do also have Vengeance pro ram but for some reason is not showing it right there at the moment it's always having troubles weather it be a red triangle or weather it be disappearing. But this is the main thing bugging me right now and I Just wondered if there is a certain thing or a certain way it needs to be set up in order for it to work ? 

Any help would be great ! 🙂

Edited by PK21 Newbie

In addition to my ASUS Maximus X Hero motherboard not being detected at all, I also noticed my ASUS GPU LEDs will not come back when I unlock my PC. The lights go out when I lock (hardware profile) as expected. But they don't recover on the GPU after unlock. I have to toggle the Enable Plug-Ins setting in iCUE to get it working again.

Edited by supertoast

1 hour ago, supertoast said:

In addition to my ASUS Maximus X Hero motherboard not being detected at all, I also noticed my ASUS GPU LEDs will not come back when I unlock my PC. The lights go out when I lock (hardware profile) as expected. But they don't recover on the GPU after unlock. I have to toggle the Enable Plug-Ins setting in iCUE to get it working again.

Ok, GPU lighting does come back... I was just not being patient enough.

Still have the issue with the motherboard not being detected by iCUE though.

It may be just me but the enormous graphic of the commander pro on the Home screen seems a bizarrely useless waste of space. There's not even anything distinct to my system on it. Maybe if next to the fan sockets was their power % and the temps from the respective sensors next to those plugs it wouldn't be 100% useless?

Seems really obvious that I should be able to customize tiles and make my dashboard look exactly like I want it to.. any plans to add that capability?

For example - grouping together temps from different components into 1 group..?

On 8/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, VinnieCluclu said:

Hi all, 

After reading most of the recent posts about ICUE V4, I wanted to share my ARGB issue which I did not see mentioned - and may not be a massive deal! Yet for the money... 

Although most of the time with ICUE V3 I would keep the RGB static white, I sometimes liked to play around with the effects available. 

I updated my pump and ICUE software and ended up with ICUE V4. With which I could not change any of the RGB, it kept being static white. I tried everything, form the settings, to scenes, nothing... Impossible to change any of the effects or colours...

For now I reverted to ICUE V3... It WORKS great.

I have an Elite Capellix h115i and now 6 Corsair QL fans. 

It is always more comfortable to have the latest updates on any software, yet I believe there should not be this much troubleshooting (being with corsair on its own, with Gigabyte/Aura etc...).

Hopefully ICUE V4 will be more robust in the coming updates.

Best

Vince 

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

Amen to this! PLEASE make the dashboard some kind of useful