Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

• Corsair Employees
Looks like I have to bypass this faulty update! Tried updating icue to 4. X and I get 2 notifications that I need to update the dongles on my K57 keyboard and my Dark Core Pro SE, but the software immediately crashes. I had to uninstall and reinstall 3.X to get it to work and that says my mouse and keyboard don't need updating.

Try moving your SLIPSTREAM receivers to a different stack of USB ports, and not sharing the same ones. Also, make sure they are not connected to a USB hub when performing the update, as we recommend a direct connection to the motherboard.

Since both devices in your case are SLIPSTREAM, the firmware update you're trying to perform will allow for Multipoint connectivity. Double check in the device settings that the firmware version is properly showing up for your mouse and keyboard, and their respective receivers. If you continue to run into issues updating, I'd recommend reaching out to support for in-depth troubleshooting.

Looks like I have to bypass this faulty update! Tried updating icue to 4. X and I get 2 notifications that I need to update the dongles on my K57 keyboard and my Dark Core Pro SE, but the software immediately crashes. I had to uninstall and reinstall 3.X to get it to work and that says my mouse and keyboard don't need updating.

I had the same issue with the update to v4 and stating my Dark Core RGB Pro had a firmware update. Back to 3.x until they can fix v4. But now when I put my PC to sleep, sometimes my MM800 RGB Mouse Pad won't shut off or my mouse freezes up! Crazy how they released such buggy software!! :mad:

Since Corsair decided to stop supporting certain gear. I decided to roll back my iCue to 3.38. It worked yesterday. Today, my mouse no is no longer working again. Thanks a lot for the shaft job.

If icue 4.x updated the firmware of a device, that device no longer works in icue 3.x

your only option is to get support to send you older firmware files to flash manually, and stay on 3.x without ever buying new corsair products

Posting this again given there hasn't yet been a reply to the questions of mine and other Corsair customers on this topic.

____

When will the OSD feature be added back to Icue 4?

Why was this removed?

What is the proposed solution by Corsair staff of figuring out which profile you are on without having to click on the taskbar or open the application if your RGB settings are the same for profiles with different keybinds or other system settings?

I would like to stick it out with Icue 4 as my devices work with it - but this is a deal breaker in terms of usability. Sometimes I accidently click the profile button the mouse and have no idea I have done so.

• Corsair Employees
Do you have more details on the fix yet?

No details yet, but we are looking into it. It does take some time to replicate, resolve, and perform our testing before releasing an update to the public. We'll be sure to let you know once the update is available.

I can't believe there still hasn't been any sort of hotfix or patch yet for how bad a launch version 4 was -_-

We've released 3 versions of iCUE over a 2 month span. Typically updates are done once a month, but sometimes more often. We're definitely working to have another release, but I don't have an official date on when it will be publicly available. You should get a notification to update in iCUE once it's live.

Posting this again given there hasn't yet been a reply to the questions of mine and other Corsair customers on this topic.

____

When will the OSD feature be added back to Icue 4?

Why was this removed?

What is the proposed solution by Corsair staff of figuring out which profile you are on without having to click on the taskbar or open the application if your RGB settings are the same for profiles with different keybinds or other system settings?

I would like to stick it out with Icue 4 as my devices work with it - but this is a deal breaker in terms of usability. Sometimes I accidently click the profile button the mouse and have no idea I have done so.

As we've mentioned before, this feature was removed from iCUE 4. We've passed the feedback on to our developers that some of you would like to see it come back, but as of right now we don't have any details if it will be included.

As we've mentioned before, this feature was removed from iCUE 4. We've passed the feedback on to our developers that some of you would like to see it come back, but as of right now we don't have any details if it will be included.

Thank you for the reply, Nick.

I'm not happy with version 4. The UI is much more complicated and requires many more clicks to accomplish the same thing. I will be reverting to 3 from backups and will most likely not be purchasing Corsair products in the future, due to the the overly complicated UI of 4.

Dear CORSAIR, I'm using ICUE ( version 4.11.274 ) with GLAIVE RGB mouse. In the actual version is not possibile remap the "DPI toggle button" with "middle click" button (previously it was possible). Is possible add this function in the next release ?

ICUE-image.png

• Corsair Employees
Posted (edited)
Dear CORSAIR, I'm using ICUE ( version 4.11.274 ) with GLAIVE RGB mouse. In the actual version is not possibile remap the "DPI toggle button" with "middle click" button (previously it was possible). Is possible add this function in the next release ?

ICUE-image.png

Hey there superdm83, you can actually click on the mini mouse next to the buttons in the Remap: Mouse section to choose Middle Click.

minimouse.thumb.png.1a7e443f24becb854cea248014a3fdbe.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=41460&stc=1&d=1623359665

Edited by Corsair Mint

I tried this solution but does not work for me.

ICUE-image-2.png

The button: "DPI toggle" on that case does nothing.

I tried different thinghs:

1. setting the button with left click, does nothing.
  2. setting the button with right click, does nothing.
  3. setting the button with double click does nothing.
    ICUE-image-2.png
  4. setting the button with "launch application -> web browser" this work.
  5. using ICUE with different language nothing change.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks Corsair for the disruption you caused with iCUE4. Luckily my retailer cares more for their customers than you do. They'll let me return my Virtuoso SE and refund me.

So I will be reverting to iCUE3 and will able to control my H100i GTX again.

I don't really understand how you made that decision to treat long standing customers that. Because, it's those loyal customers who are affected the most by this desaster.

Updated to 4.12.214 , wizard still crashes on Hydro X setup.

I have manually setup the component and this seems to work (hydro x fans on plugs #1 to #5 and Hydro Pump on #6), Icue remembers even after a reboot.

BUT if I go back into the commanderpro settings... the #6 device which is the pump, defaults back to 1500rpm as if it's a normal fan. So if I ever go into the commander settings, I have to set the pump back to "hydro x pump" every single time.

Should still be able to set the fans to change colors based on the temp of different devices in iCUE. You'll need to select your lighting device that controls your fans, add layer, select "Temperature", then set the temps and device you want it to adjust to.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41405&stc=1&d=1622573306

Thanks for this, but after reading the horror stories here I've decided to stick with v3 as it's finally stable for me.

On the other hand my wife's computer has an 80i cooler and corsair rgb ram, and I've never been able to install iCue on her machine, it hangs hangs at 67% and is impossible to fully install or fully unistall. The post about having to do clean installs as opposed to repairs is dead on. I've decided these are products that cause far more problems than they solve, who needs that? I'm done with Corsair and silly RGB lighting in general.

I Installed the iCUE v4 today.

While everything works fine if i create profiles myself, if i download a profile and import it the fan lighting won't show.

Everything else does work fine, only the fans are missing.

Like i said, this only happens when importing profiles, if i'm the one creating from scratch it works perfectly.

I'd love to stick to v4, but if this is going to keep misworking then i'll downgrade to v3

BTW the setup i'm using is as follow:

K57 keyboard

Nigthsword mouse

Vengeance pro rgb x4 ram

Ll120 x6 fans

iCue 4.12.214 reverts everything to quiet profile on each boot.

After boot I have to manually restarts iCue before I get an option to select Hydro X products.

iCue 4.12.214 reverts everything to quiet profile on each boot.

After boot I have to manually restarts iCue before I get an option to select Hydro X products.

Same

Win 10 21H1

iCUE 4.12.214

Another update. Again won't install unless I stop the services manually and use the installer.

In home, the sensors and devices I have displayed are still scrambled every single time.

Still no ability to disable stuff we don't need such as:

The MSI service, tell me why we need such thing on PC's without any MSI device?

No ability to disable system information / monitoring.

I can force disable all those manually and I've gotten accustomed to that....it seems it is what it is and Corsair cannot care less about user feedback.

Any idea how to activated the previous

"Profile name" overhead?

Cannot find it anywhere I've looked.

do you mean the on screen overlay? that was removed, and not coming back

My feedback:

- CorsairGamingAudioConfig description is still bugged in services' Microsoft Management Console...

- Still no way to disable useless services like CPUID monitoring. The only way is to stop the Corsair Service then delete files and restart the service.

- I don't own anything from MSI so why can't we disable it from iCUE? Again I had to go into services.msc to disable it...

- iCUE's main process uses up to 250 MB of RAM even if it's only minimized in tray. Isn't there a way to improve this? LG HUB only takes 80 MB of RAM with all its processes

Edited by blacklord049