Corsair Community

Introducing the new CORSAIR iCUE (v4.X) - Megathread

This man gets it.

I don't need sensor logging.

I don't need dashboards with graphs.

I don't need background pictures.

I don't need profile icons.

I don't need 500 options related to RGB

Who asked for "Scenes?" Who signed off on that? Fire that person. Who cares.

What I DO need is to see what profile I'm swapping to with the profile swap button, except you removed the overlay so I could actually see what profile I'm on.

What I DO need is to see what DPI I swapped to, except you removed the overlay so I could actually see what DPI I'm on.

I agree with all this. Having to stick to ICue 3 just because of the bugs in 4, but a lot of this above is not needed. Fix bugs on the simple features.

I'm glad to see other users reporting issues like i experienced, i was worried if i kept complaining about it i'd get banned for trolling.

ICue 4 is a bit of a flop, but the way its gives the middle finger to owners of older corsair products on top of that... just wow.

Perhaps Corsair Notepad can take a crack at this question.

Perhaps I have a somewhat unique position here but if you have different profiles for different applications or scenarios that aren't auto-run, how are you supposed to do this without even a basic OSC?

Hi Nick - are you able to provide further information on the removal of the OSD feature?

I still have a question - if you have the same lighting scheme for different profiles (with different keyboard and mice buttons or fan profiles), you have no idea what profile you are on without clicking on the taskbar icon. This is compounded further when using wallpaper engine RGB features, because then even if you had RGB changes with profile, it gets overiden.

So if you are in an application that hides the taskbar, and you accidentally or intentionally press the profile key on the mouse, how are you supposed to determine which profile is running?

How did the developers expect users to know what profile they have changed to when using physical profile buttons within applications?

Just tried to install Icue 4 and ran into the same issue of it instantly crashing as soon as it launches. did a clean install, deleted all local files and registry files like in the instructions and still didnt work.

anyone able to get past this point that had a similar issue ? had to revert back to icue3

Since the last update something has gone wrong for Lighting Node Core and Commander Pro as when you import a profile no lighting layers are being imported for my fans.

I have 7x QL 120's plugged into 2x Lighting Node Core which are connected to a Commander Pro and when I now import a profile there are no lighting layers for the fans.

I have tested by importing profiles that I already have installed and are fully working, but when I import them again from the website the fan lighting layers are not being imported.

*I have started a thread with this problem but thought I'd add it here incase this thread is monitored more by Corsair staff who are hopefully aware of the issue.

I have a similar problem with a Commander Core (H115i) with 6 QL fans and a LNP with LianLi Strimer Plus strips. Hardware lights and Scenes working perfectly. Importing profiles (which worked before) no lights for the fans and the strimer plus. Any idea? can we find a previous version of iCue4?

Thank you, best,

wow everbody is angry about this software and hardware but no reactions from corsair.

great support :((

and yes im angry too, very angry..

Is it true that Corsair have deliberately stopped Alex Krastevs profiles from working on import?

No, I do not think so. At least for me it was a no go for all profiles not only Alex's.

However, I am happy to report that I resolved the issue by uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling 4.9.350 (keeping the profiles and settings).

Now everything is working (for the moment at least).

I will keep you updated.

Best,

It's disappointing that Corsair has chosen to put the Void RGB USB headset on a planned obsolescence track with the new iCue 4.x software. My headset is in perfect shape and works great with the 3.x software. I installed the 4.x software and discovered that my headset isn't recognized. Found in the notes for the 4.x software that my headset isn't supported. Why? Is it so difficult to support an "old" headset when the previous version worked perfectly? I've uninstalled the 4.x software and will use 3.x until my headset dies. It's disappointing, though. I liked a lot of the features introduced in the 4.x update.

• Corsair Employees
I'm glad to see other users reporting issues like i experienced, i was worried if i kept complaining about it i'd get banned for trolling.

ICue 4 is a bit of a flop, but the way its gives the middle finger to owners of older corsair products on top of that... just wow.

We're happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us improve. Rest assured, we are listening as we continuously make optimizations to iCUE 4.

I wonder if Corsair is aware that countless products work through constant version updates without ever needing to do "clean reinstalls".

Clean installations have remedied many user's issues - otherwise we wouldn't suggest it. We understand that it does not provide the same result for everyone.

Is it true that Corsair have deliberately stopped Alex Krastevs profiles from working on import?

No.

I took all my corsair stuff off and gave up my trust in corsair, I just went back to basic with rgb lighting from the motherboard of asu Aura sinc and with the 21 pre-programmed rgb profiles of my motherboard I control the rgb lighting and the corsair crap done away, the software is never good hibernation problems now with rgb profiles import of the known to us is blocked etc .... am done by by corsair this is the last build i made with you guys say that you are doing something about it, but hey:evil:

Posted (edited)

This this absolutely this! I was disappointed that my perfectly working Void RGB headset wasn't recognized by iCue 4. There is absolutely NO reason to plan this device's obsolescence by choosing to not support it. It's decisions like these that make me question whether to continue supporting Corsair in the future. I'm not going to purchase a new headset just because. I'd happily buy another one when this one dies. But I'm not throwing away a headset simply to get new features in a software update that I really don't need. Corsair made the decision to eliminate support for every device in the list they provided. It's not that they couldn't support those devices, they just didn't want to.

I have removed iCue 4.x and re-installed iCue 3.x so all my devices are supported again.

Edited by powrhaus

I was about to create another thread when i saw this, I too have the same issue as someone else here who complained there v4 icue is too big for there screen, I am not reducing my screen size because one my recommended screen size is 150 and i need bigger icons and text because its hard for me to see from far. So the solution reduce the screen size is not acceptable, I am using older icue which works fine, but would love to use the newer icue, please think about the people who cant reduce there screen size due to sight issues, just move the scaling that version 3 used and incoporate it within v4. Thank you

Clean installations have remedied many user's issues - otherwise we wouldn't suggest it. We understand that it does not provide the same result for everyone.

You're sorta missing the point and the mark with your response here.

1) Make your software do it properly with a repair function - I was told to use a third party tool, by Corsair support. This should never really be a necessary step as an end user.

2) If you can't bundle it with the software, create a script or something yourselves that performs the function.

3) 1&2 shouldn't be necessary in the first place. You guys should be working very hard all these years to figure out why the way your software works/is installed/updates ever necessitates this step in the first place, and why a clean install is necessary in the first place. And then fixing that thing.

From my outsider perspective, it seems like you guys have grown complacent with being able to throw countless variations of "just reinstall" "replace the hardware" "blame the profile" "ask the use to rebuild everything from scratch" "blame the macro" - at problems, and since users either have their issue resolved with these steps, or give up out of frustration, you just keep using these steps rather than fixing the issues causing these steps to be necessary in the first place.

I'm assuming the reason internally for the lack of accountability on these points is because someone is looking at cost/benefit and concluding that X% of unhappy or inconvenienced users is an acceptable number, and so it doesn't make sense to spend more to address that volume of user's issues.

TL;DR - My point was never that I thought it's an erroneous step, but that it should be a step that you guys should be visibly and publicly working on addressing so that it becomes an erroneous step.

I'm really disappointed in the total lack of transparency and engagement. People just wanna know that their issues and concerns are actually being heard, understood, and that something is going on to address them. You say "We are listening" - But there's no follow-up there. You don't call out anything specific that's yet to really be acknowledged by staff in the thread and elaborate on the situation, or give us any indication of what kind of stuff has been taken back to the team to internally work on. Are you guys working on bringing back OSD? Are you guys working on support for the older hardware? Are you guys working on making iCUE3 and iCUE4 play nice together so people with order hardware and newer hardware can continue to use their older hardware's functionality while getting the perks of the newer software for their newer products? No one knows, because all we're getting is a single line saying "Yep, we hear you, we're working on it".

And I'm really disappointed in the caliber of help I've received every time I've reached out to Corsair support. Based on my experiences with support so far, I'm going to go ahead and guess that there's virtually no internal processes to escalate an issue to higher technical tiers or the development team, no one actually reads or understands the debug logs at the T1/T2 level, and there's no interest in working with individual users to actually track down the source of any bugs/issues and then fix them, unless it's affecting a significantly large amount of users.

I'm using icue 4.10.273 and Kastarev's profiles are working correctly (and of course importing(), even the one for Doom 2016 that i'm not sure is done for icue 4 but 3.....so GO for me (and hope for you).

Maybe try to redownload profiles after update to the latest icue, eventually delete them if you see imported and re-import them....should work.

And I'm really disappointed in the caliber of help I've received every time I've reached out to Corsair support. Based on my experiences with support so far, I'm going to go ahead and guess that there's virtually no internal processes to escalate an issue to higher technical tiers or the development team, no one actually reads or understands the debug logs at the T1/T2 level, and there's no interest in working with individual users to actually track down the source of any bugs/issues and then fix them, unless it's affecting a significantly large amount of users.

Thank heavens for Amazon no quibble returns. I got no support from anywhere with my Elite Capellix 360

• Corsair Employees
You're sorta missing the point and the mark with your response here.

1) Make your software do it properly with a repair function - I was told to use a third party tool, by Corsair support. This should never really be a necessary step as an end user.

2) If you can't bundle it with the software, create a script or something yourselves that performs the function.

3) 1&2 shouldn't be necessary in the first place. You guys should be working very hard all these years to figure out why the way your software works/is installed/updates ever necessitates this step in the first place, and why a clean install is necessary in the first place. And then fixing that thing.

From my outsider perspective, it seems like you guys have grown complacent with being able to throw countless variations of "just reinstall" "replace the hardware" "blame the profile" "ask the use to rebuild everything from scratch" "blame the macro" - at problems, and since users either have their issue resolved with these steps, or give up out of frustration, you just keep using these steps rather than fixing the issues causing these steps to be necessary in the first place.

I'm really disappointed in the total lack of transparency and engagement. People just wanna know that their issues and concerns are actually being heard, understood, and that something is going on to address them. You say "We are listening" - But there's no follow-up there. You don't call out anything specific that's yet to really be acknowledged by staff in the thread and elaborate on the situation, or give us any indication of what kind of stuff has been taken back to the team to internally work on. Are you guys working on bringing back OSD? Are you guys working on support for the older hardware? Are you guys working on making iCUE3 and iCUE4 play nice together so people with order hardware and newer hardware can continue to use their older hardware's functionality while getting the perks of the newer software for their newer products? No one knows, because all we're getting is a single line saying "Yep, we hear you, we're working on it".

To answer your points, we do have a built-in repair tool for iCUE. It's under your Windows "App & Features" and selecting "Modify" after highlighting iCUE from the list. See screen cap of the options in iCUE:

attachment.php?attachmentid=41245&stc=1&d=1620935055

We are being transparent about looking into these issues and collecting the feedback the community is providing. The details we have provided thus far are what we are able to disclose without creating false expectations. While we know you are all seeking resolution for some of these items, ourselves included, our development team is working on them and it does take time to go through all the internal processes we have in place. Hopefully you understand that we have the best intentions for the community and our customers. There is a lot of feedback from all of you, which we really appreciate, and we're responding to as much of it as possible.

414196414_Screenshot2021-05-13124328.png.cc699a2b7185127b9b42161dd82027ce.png

The fact that OSD has been removed is infuriating, especially as someone who likes to use multiple profiles with multiple binds. Please add it back, Please.

Like what am I supposed to do when switching, check my profiles and DPI in icue every time? Color code every combination? Who thought of this? Like why did anyone think this would be a good idea?

Posted (edited)
was this software ever tested on windows 7, or whats the issue here? because I only see blank home screen and not a sign of my void rgb wireless headset, same after repair installation, went back to icue 3

557965562_corsairicue4.thumb.jpg.00b6e761294b1dcba79c9b010f6c2f8d.jpg

Edited by NettiWelho

Sorry for how long this is.

A few weeks ago ICue seminally uninstalled it self so I redownloaded and installed the most resent one from ICue. To my surprise a new interface greeted me upon loading. I looked around and played with a few of the features but just went back to my normal profiles. I have profiles set up to control lighting on my corsair k100 keyboard, dark core V2 wireless mouse, lighting node pro, Asus Strix 1070ti, Asus z490 tuf motherboard and H100 V2 AIO cooler. At the time I didn't notice that the H100i V2 wasn't on the list but did notice that the Dark Core mouse profiles had conflicts. So I delegated the profiles stored on the mouse and checked for updates (should not have done that last one). Fast forward to a couple of days ago I noticed that my H100i V2 wasn't changing profiles with everything else. This is when I found out that the H100i v2 ( that works perfectly fine) is no longer supported with the new ICue Version 4. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older ICue V3. Everything seemed fine now until I noticed that my Dark Core mouse was not on my list devices in the ICue software. After several attempts at reinstalling/repairing the software, deleting every device driver that is associated with the mouse it would not show up in ICue V3. If i reinstall ICue V4 the mouse shows up.

So my current dilemma

Use ICue V3 and have the ability to control my AIO and not my mouse or use ICue V4 and lose the ability to control my AIO but gain control of the mouse.

Why is the headset not compatible? I just hit update on the Icue and didnt even know I was going to a whole new version that was going to make my headset obsolete.

Also, all my Corsair Vengeance Pro lighting effects are in the Hardware Lighting section instead of the Lighting Effects, so my RAM has no lights currently.

I would like to go back to the previous Icue 3, but it wont let me install that over Icue 4.

How do I got back without wiping out all my lighting settings?

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for how long this is.

A few weeks ago ICue seminally uninstalled it self so I redownloaded and installed the most resent one from ICue. To my surprise a new interface greeted me upon loading. I looked around and played with a few of the features but just went back to my normal profiles. I have profiles set up to control lighting on my corsair k100 keyboard, dark core V2 wireless mouse, lighting node pro, Asus Strix 1070ti, Asus z490 tuf motherboard and H100 V2 AIO cooler. At the time I didn't notice that the H100i V2 wasn't on the list but did notice that the Dark Core mouse profiles had conflicts. So I delegated the profiles stored on the mouse and checked for updates (should not have done that last one). Fast forward to a couple of days ago I noticed that my H100i V2 wasn't changing profiles with everything else. This is when I found out that the H100i v2 ( that works perfectly fine) is no longer supported with the new ICue Version 4. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled the older ICue V3. Everything seemed fine now until I noticed that my Dark Core mouse was not on my list devices in the ICue software. After several attempts at reinstalling/repairing the software, deleting every device driver that is associated with the mouse it would not show up in ICue V3. If i reinstall ICue V4 the mouse shows up.

So my current dilemma

Use ICue V3 and have the ability to control my AIO and not my mouse or use ICue V4 and lose the ability to control my AIO but gain control of the mouse.

Sounds like you updated to the 5.xx firmware for your mouse. Please contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com and they will be able to provide you the previous firmware version for iCUE 3.

• Corsair Employees
Why is the headset not compatible? I just hit update on the Icue and didnt even know I was going to a whole new version that was going to make my headset obsolete.

Also, all my Corsair Vengeance Pro lighting effects are in the Hardware Lighting section instead of the Lighting Effects, so my RAM has no lights currently.

I would like to go back to the previous Icue 3, but it wont let me install that over Icue 4.

How do I got back without wiping out all my lighting settings?

Uninstall iCUE 4 before reinstalling iCUE 3. In the uninstaller you should be given the option to save or delete user profiles. If you wish to keep your profiles make sure it is not set to delete.