Corsair Community

HX1200 and ASUS RTX 3090 Questions

HotShotX

Morning All,

So, I've got a Corsair HX1200, a Corsair Pro White Cable Kit, and am planning to eventually have an ASUS RTX 3090 OC GPU in my build.

My question is how to do the PCIe 8-pin connectors. I know 3 sets of single 8-pins would be optimal, but the Cable Kit only comes with 2 Singles and 2 Duals.

Is there any issue with connecting both single 8-pins, and one dual 8-pin (with the second 8-pin in the dual connected to nothing) to the 3090, or should I order another white single 8-pin cable?

Additionally, since I have an HX1200, should I be running it in Single or Multiple 12V+? On the PSU, I'll be running 1x ATX 24-Pin Cable, 3x PCI-e Cables, 2x ATX12V Cables, and 2x SATA Cables. Total Draw is about 756 W.

• Corsair Employees
With the latest GPUs from Nvidia and AMD it is recommended to use one cable per PCIE Power connector on the GPU. If you have the individually sleeved kit and do not wish to purchase an additional Single PCIE power cable then you can utilize the two single PCIE power cables and one of the cables with the two connectors while easily hiding the second connector and wires behind the motherboard tray in order to make it look like a single cable.

With the latest GPUs from Nvidia and AMD it is recommended to use one cable per PCIE Power connector on the GPU. If you have the individually sleeved kit and do not wish to purchase an additional Single PCIE power cable then you can utilize the two single PCIE power cables and one of the cables with the two connectors while easily hiding the second connector and wires behind the motherboard tray in order to make it look like a single cable.

Ok, so there's no power or thermal difference in this configuration, compared to using a third Single PCIE cable?

Aside from that, any thoughts on running the HX1200 in Single vs. Multiple 12V+?

• Corsair Employees
Ok, so there's no power or thermal difference in this configuration, compared to using a third Single PCIE cable?

Aside from that, any thoughts on running the HX1200 in Single vs. Multiple 12V+?

I use two PCIe cables. One dual and one single. No issues.

THAT SAID.... There is a user in another forum that found that audible noise was reduced when he used three cables.

Go figure.