Corsair Community

iCue Issue With AIO, Fans and Commander Pro

Jz173

Hi all,

I just recently installed 3 LL120 fans along with a commander pro and RGB Hub. Im having a problem where 1 fans speed doesn't change (700-750rpm) and also have 2 aio showing in iCue when I only have one. I'm pretty sure I can't control either the real AIO and the phantom one as my temps shot up and I shut the computer down. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm an amateur at best at this. I've attached two pics, one of iCue and the other of the temps the cpu reached. TIA

http://imgur.com/a/fjvYMI4

Go to the top corner of the window and toggle the device menu into "label mode" where it shows the names. One of the AIO will have a (1) after it's name. Unfortunately this is a glitch that happens occasionally and the program thinks the connected cooler is a physically different unique model compared to the prior. You can go to the general CUE settings, select "show only connected devices" and that should drop the illusory cooler. Then go back to the remaining cooler -- probably with the (1) -- and edit the text. You can delete the (1) but must leave a space after the name to make it different than the prior device. Or just rename it whatever you want.

As for the fan control, I am assuming you are showing us the Commander Pro page although I can't see it in the header above to confirm. First thing you need to do is get off the 3 presets. They are not like the 3 profiles on the AIO and are responding to CPU temp based on a water temp curve profile. You want to stop that immediately.

Click the Performance tab and + to create a new custom curve. At the bottom a graph will appear. First thing to do is choose a proper control variable. CPU temp is not it. H150i temp or GPU are good quick choices and something most people understand. For the H150i Temp, the three presets that match the AIO are in the top right corner. Click one and then make sure you apply this to your fans by clicking on them above. The Profile will highlight yellow. The fans will each ring yellow when clicked to show they are part of that group. Long term the best possible control is through the temp probes for the Commander and those will work at all times, CUE running or not. However, they require a decent amount of experimentation to find the range and placement. Moving it 2-3 cm can drastically change the range and each install is unique.