Corsair Community

Fan control on both CPU & GPU temperature?

wsnake

Hi,

I have an annoying issue with my watercooling loop: the CPU (10900K) is cooled with a super oversized loop with 2x420mm rads (front intake and top exhaust) which means that the pump and fans don't have to do anything, and hardly ever go above 400rpm even when the CPU is under load. The downside is that the low fan speeds mess up airflow in the case so that when the GPU (RTX3090, aircooled) is under load, it gets hotter than it should.

Ideally I'd be able to run the radiator fans with 2 fan curves: 1 based on water temperature for the loop and 1 based on the GPU temperature to control airflow in the case. I don't believe that's possible at this point, but what would be the easiest way to achieve a more comfortable airflow for the GPU? Preferably an automatic solution that doesn't rely on me not forgetting to change the iCue profile before I start up a game

That's not something you can do at this point and CUE does not offer multiple variable control. Until you get the GPU into the loop, your best bet would be to set fixed fan speeds before gaming. Pick something comfortable but below the nuisance level. You still want that rear exhaust fan(?) to be the one doing most of the work. Otherwise you are just pulling external heat into the cooling system and warming the baseline for the CPU. So that might mean increased front fan speed and leave the top alone.