Corsair Community

iCUE not recognizing Lighting Node Pro via Commander Pro USB passthrough

mephist0

Good even all,

iCUE does not recognize my Lighting Node Pro when plugged into my Commander Pro's USB headers (both USB headers do not work).

According to diagrams found in "Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ" (referenced below), the Lighting Node pro should work with the USB headers on the Commander Pro.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

When the Lighting Node Pro is plugged to a USB header on my ROG Crosshair Vii Hero mobo, the Lighting Node Pro populates in iCUE.

All iCUE enabled devices are running current firmware.

iCUE v3.38.61

k100 RBG v0.24.237

Vengence RBG Pro v1.05.64

Commander Pro v0.9.212

Lighting Node Pro v1.10.4

ASUS Mobo plugin v1.2.2.0

I'm at a loss and willing to chalk up the problem to user error and it should work....any ideas re: what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Good even all,

iCUE does not recognize my Lighting Node Pro when plugged into my Commander Pro's USB headers (both USB headers do not work).

According to diagrams found in "Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ" (referenced below), the Lighting Node pro should work with the USB headers on the Commander Pro.

When the Lighting Node Pro is plugged to a USB header on my ROG Crosshair Vii Hero mobo, the Lighting Node Pro populates in iCUE.

iCUE v3.38.61

k100 RBG v0.24.237

Commander Pro v0.9.212

I'm at a loss and willing to chalk up the problem to user error and it should work....any ideas re: what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Hi Buddy...

AMD Based? some of the later platforms are seeing this issue. not sure if its related to the AMD usb bug they are working on. but one work around is the get the NZXT internal USB Hub

• Corsair Employees
Good even all,

iCUE v3.38.61

k100 RBG v0.24.237

Commander Pro v0.9.212

Cheers,

You you will need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub that is provided supplemental power via your system's PSU.

Thanks for the input. My PC is indeed AMD based. I wasn't sure if the "known" issue included older PCUs and mobos. Thank you so much Zotty.

Corsair Notepad:

(the following is not directed towards you, but the situation generally)

It's interesting that an additional piece of equipment is needed, when the LNP is powered via it's individual SATA connection already.

Candidly, I (so should Corsair) find this answer unacceptable.

If not to power Corsair's own USB products, what ARE the Commander Pro's USB passthroughs for?

It is a sad state where the following statement has to be said..."you will need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub"--patent admission that the Commander Pro is not "high quality" by a Corsair employee? Ouch.

Right now, it seems the USB headers are there to undermine confidence in your product while driving business to a competitor whose equipment does work (in this instance NZXT). This appears to be a product does not work as advertised (and validated by a Corsair representative). Where is the disclaimer that the Commander Pro's USB headers have such a limitation?

What is the actual long-term solution rather than a band aid resolution requiring more after the fact cash outlay by unwitting consumers? Will replacements be offered?

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the input. My PC is indeed AMD based. I wasn't sure if the "known" issue included older PCUs and mobos. Thank you so much Zotty.

Corsair Notepad:

(the following is not directed towards you, but the situation generally)

It's interesting that an additional piece of equipment is needed, when the LNP is powered via it's individual SATA connection already.

Candidly, I (so should Corsair) find this answer unacceptable.

If not to power Corsair's own USB products, what ARE the Commander Pro's USB passthroughs for?

It is a sad state where the following statement has to be said..."you will need to utilize a high quality internal USB hub"--patent admission that the Commander Pro is not "high quality" by a Corsair employee? Ouch.

Right now, it seems the USB headers are there to undermine confidence in your product while driving business to a competitor whose equipment does work (in this instance NZXT). This appears to be a product does not work as advertised (and validated by a Corsair representative). Where is the disclaimer that the Commander Pro's USB headers have such a limitation?

What is the actual long-term solution rather than a band aid resolution requiring more after the fact cash outlay by unwitting consumers? Will replacements be offered?

The USB spec requires the USB connection to still provide a constant and steady flow of power. If the USB port on the motherboard is not providing enough power the passthrough won't work. The SATA power on our RGB controlling devices is for the device hardware to work correctly and does not supplement the necessary USB power in order for the USB connection to be maintained. For instance the SATA power on the Commander Pro is to power the PWM fan headers, and RGB headers on that controller.