Corsair Community

iCUE profile switching + Plex

Raeli

I have a profile for my desktop, and a different for WoW, normally tabbing in and out switches these profiles instantly, but if I press play on Plex then tab back into wow, or even select the program from the taskbar, iCUE won't switch my profile to my WoW profile (That is also linked to WoW)

Plex doesn't have a profile, so just switches to my default one which I use on my desktop or browsing etc.

If I tab into wow and then use my media keys, the profile will stay as my one assigned to WoW, but as soon as Plex gets focus, like if I select the program or tab to it, it will then switch back to my default profile and won't go back to my wow profile unless I first pause the player.

I tested with a couple of other programs, such as other media players and it doesn't seem to occur there. I'm not sure if this is something that's an issue on Plex's end or Corsair's, but if anyone has any work around it would be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
That is because Plex runs on the desktop so when WoW is no longer the focus is switches to the default Desktop profile you have set. When you lose focus on the window for programs such as WoW when you have profiles set specifically for that program, the program must remain the current focused window for that profile to remain.