Corsair Community

5000x Fan and RGB Planning

Flobberknock

I'm planning on getting a 5000X and then throwing some LL fans in with it. What I'm trying to get my head around, is whether or not I can plug the LL fans into the included PWM hub and Lighting Node Core or if I'm going to have to buy a Node Pro and have the SP Elite fans on the included hub plugged into channel 1 of the NoPro and the LL fans in the hub that comes with those into channel 2 of the NoPro.

Basically trying to work out if I need to buy a NoPro or not or I can just throw them all onto the included Node Core :)

Any help is appreciated!

• Corsair Employees
I'm planning on getting a 5000X and then throwing some LL fans in with it. What I'm trying to get my head around, is whether or not I can plug the LL fans into the included PWM hub and Lighting Node Core or if I'm going to have to buy a Node Pro and have the SP Elite fans on the included hub plugged into channel 1 of the NoPro and the LL fans in the hub that comes with those into channel 2 of the NoPro.

Basically trying to work out if I need to buy a NoPro or not or I can just throw them all onto the included Node Core :)

Any help is appreciated!

The Lighting Node Core does not have PWM control and only controls RGB of the fans. As for adding LL fans to the case along with the default 5000X RGB fans you will need to purchase a separate RGB Fan LED Hub, along with a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro to control the RGB of the LL fans. What the Commander Pro does offer that the other controllers do not is the PWM control feature which would allow you to then control the PWM of the fans that came with the case and the additional LL fans, up to 6 total for PWM control.

The Lighting Node Core does not have PWM control and only controls RGB of the fans. As for adding LL fans to the case along with the default 5000X RGB fans you will need to purchase a separate RGB Fan LED Hub, along with a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro to control the RGB of the LL fans. What the Commander Pro does offer that the other controllers do not is the PWM control feature which would allow you to then control the PWM of the fans that came with the case and the additional LL fans, up to 6 total for PWM control.

Thanks for this - would I not be able to control the SP and LL fans via PWM using the built-in PWM hub using my Motherboard software or was your response more geared around using iCUE to control them?

Ok had another thought instead.

Ok so sticking with the 5000X which in the box has

• PWM Splitter
  • Lighting Node Core
  • 3x SP120 Elite RGB Fans

1. Throw in a Commander Pro
  2. Throw in 1x RGB Hub
  3. Plug the 3xj SP120 Elite RGB's into the Node Core, the 3x LL120/140 Fans into the RGB Hub
  4. Plug the RGB Hub into the CoPro's LED channel, The Node Core into the CoPro's USB header
  5. Plug all 6 fans into the Commander Pro for PWM control (or perhaps all into the PWM splitter and then the PWM hub into the Commander Pro)

Will that allow me to do sequential lighting? as in have a pattern go over all 6 fans? Or would I need to get two RGB Hubs and plug them into a Node Pro which then goes into a Single LED channel on the CoPro?

Edited by Flobberknock

Will that allow me to do sequential lighting? as in have a pattern go over all 6 fans? Or would I need to get two RGB Hubs and plug them into a Node Pro which then goes into a Single LED channel on the CoPro?

There is nothing you can do with set-up or presets to get easy sequential lighting beyond the fans on an existing controller. Each controller is its own group, so if I had 3 lighting channels each with 3 fans, they will act like 3 groups of 3, not 1 group of 9. The only exception to this is the global lighting link effects, but only two are sequential -- color wave and visor.

It is possible to manually program multiple controllers to give the appearance of sequential action between controllers, but it is fairly difficult and more so if using different fans with different LED counts and geometry.

There is nothing you can do with set-up or presets to get easy sequential lighting beyond the fans on an existing controller. Each controller is its own group, so if I had 3 lighting channels each with 3 fans, they will act like 3 groups of 3, not 1 group of 9. The only exception to this is the global lighting link effects, but only two are sequential -- color wave and visor.

It is possible to manually program multiple controllers to give the appearance of sequential action between controllers, but it is fairly difficult and more so if using different fans with different LED counts and geometry.

Ahhh gotcha. I guess that's what I get for mix-matching SP and LL fans 😁

I guess I could get 3 more LL120's to replace the SP's and have them hang off the same Node Core as the other 3 but maybe when I care enough to do so

• Corsair Employees
Ahhh gotcha. I guess that's what I get for mix-matching SP and LL fans 😁

I guess I could get 3 more LL120's to replace the SP's and have them hang off the same Node Core as the other 3 but maybe when I care enough to do so

You won't be able to use the LL fans on the same controller either as they are still different RGB series fans with completely different LED counts as the SP RGB Pro you would plug them into with.